Tuesday, February 14, 2012

My Happy Valentine's Day on Tuesday :)

My Happy Valentine's Day on Tuesday :)  It really is..yesterday as I was blogging, Clancy my gardener (and Betsy's too ) came over with a nice surprise for me. He had picked up my roses (Knock out roses) and had all the rest of the goodies with him..He was fixin' to put me rose hedge in...Wooo hooo !!!!

Yes, I took pictures and yes, I'll post them today too...see I'm getting better ..having batteries charged and ready is now getting to be a habit..but a good one :)

This morning I was eager beaver to go out and "Water" me roses..and the sun was up and shinning..now they are planted on the south side so that should be good too...and they set right next to my carport screen room so I can check on them..cause you do know I have those "incredible, nosy" squirrels..Who by the way do the get even with me from time to time...they've been at my Geraniums....and I'm ready to catch their butts sooon !!!!

We are gonna have a heat wave today..compared to the other two days of 28 degrees ..my plants really got hit hard ..even my Gardenia...now I've covered them but the wind just snatched a few...I brought in that purple leaf Hibiscus and she now seems to be taking off ..gonna have to re pot her and several others..but I did lose a few...but March is coming and so is warmer weather..so it will be get them bulbs out and start planting some strange looking flowers...can't wait..

Today already my Pulmonary Doc office called to make sure I'm ready for tomorrow's appointment..even wished me a Happy Valentine's day too...already chatted with hubby not his first call cause that's him telling me he's up..hahaha..we have this thing... if I don't hear from him by a certain time I have to call and wake his butt..hahaha...never mind me..but he does call and then will call on his way to work to make sure I'm awake ...darling man...but I already thanked him for his "gift"...hahahaha

I'm so tickled pink...just those little things mean so much to me...my little garden and my birds and of course my wonderful Critters..I mean I'd be so lonely with out them all... Even got a few of the birds that now watch when I fill the feeder...they give me that whistle..or maybe it's them calling the others..."The Ole Gal is putting more fiddles in the feeder, Come Get It"....hahaha..yeah it does seem like that.

I've noticed that the Woodpeckers have been coming often..must been the cold did numbers to those trees too..and there source of feed is not plentiful..what ever, I enjoy watching them all.. The doves now even fly up in the feeder..have a few Blue Jays...and of course my big Red..he's surely a beauty..

Today not much planned as I've got lots of things to put up...when it's cold I don't move much but under cover..me and Ms Reba...and my Abby lately has been laying at my feet..she's a foot warmer...Zeke, well he plays Look Out..and boy if something ain't right outside...he belts out a tune...

Ms Jane (of the duo team J & J ) called this morning so next week she'll come over it should be peaceful and then I have to make a day for John..it's like two kids...if I do for one I have to do for the other...What can I say...They are ok alone but never, never together...not with me anyway.

Watched the Voice last night it was ok..some good some ok but definitely interesting especially the Blue Haired Gal...WOW...I know I'm getting old when I see how that hits me...Just don't get it..but hey, different strokes for different folks..

Tonight will be Biggest Loser AND..Survivor.. I'll record one and watch the other cause I can't miss either...YES, I'm becoming a TV addict..it makes the evening go bye....but also hubby and I call each other in between contestants..some times we get lazy and say.."Wait till commercial"..but if it's something really good..well the dialing becomes URGENT..hahaha

Now I'm gonna head into the kitchen and shred some cabbage, cut up some white onion and then cut up strips of a ham steak..Gonna make fried ham and cabbage for dinner tonight..and I even have those quick fix potatoes...the ones you put in the microwave and make mashed potatoes..no more peeling for me..these are really very good...I know it's lazy..but I never said "I was Domestic"...LOL

So here comes the pictures..wooo hooo... I just love my rose hedge..Thanks so much Clancy..you did a great job...

Mr Clancy digging up for my Rose Hedge garden..he takes pride in everything he does...!

The finish...My Rose Hedge Garden...it sure looks pretty and I'm telling ya when these babies start to grow it's gonna look awesome...


A little better close up...but I'm so tickled pink..they brighten up that side of my house..and I'm planning more for along the other side..have to figure what will grow kind of up that panel with out having problems...but it's in the making...

My Gardenia kind of took a hit with the Frost..but she's still growing..and I can't wait for her to bloom..she should have close to a hundred blooms this year..



My Geraniums, between the Squirrels and Jack Frost took a beating but they are in holding stage...I'll have to re pot and clean up the other plants...and of course I have a few on lookers...


Zeke and Abby...Ms Reba was hiding some where..it was a little chilly and she only comes out later in the day...but her mouth was going I can assure you..

Well that's my story and I'm stickin' too it !   Have a wonderful Valentine's Day one and all...God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment