Wednesday, August 31, 2011

What a Wednesday ...:)

What a Wednesday...:)  Starting off with the hubby rushing out the door..apparently our power went off again and everything came on as a surprise ... and of course (as I always call that hubby of mine) Mister Bumpstead came charging down the stairs...Look out world here he comes..and I do mean "here he comes"..  Ya know I sometimes have to laugh cause his feet move so quickly and he can make those sudden stops and quick turns.. My knees would be killing me for sure in fact I might have fallen..but not my hubby.. Now if you're in his way.. well that's another story..

So off he went into the wild blue yonder..(smokin feet that is) and he'll be home tonight Lord willin (no row boating) and I'll have dinner ready.. Got a recipe in my email from my dear friends (ones I've had from my cooking class on Microsoft) and low and behold I had told a few how much my hubby loves "Big Macs"..and in the email was a recipe (no crock pot though) for Big Mac Casserole..so it's gonna be a surprise for him.. 

I have everything on hand..(amazing no store stop) and it's really quick to put together..I'll post the recipe at the end of my blog in case you all decide after reading that sounds good..  I can tell you from my friends they say, "it's like eating a Big Mac" but healthier.. Ha !.. Hey if it tastes good..once in awhile it's ok to stray off the "Healthy"... You know like walking on the wild side  LOL

Last night watched America's Got Talent..( Tuesday usual) and there is only a couple on the whole show I really like..so we'll see..but I'm sure America has more talent around.. maybe they were in hiding..but I'll recover cause tonight..Did you think I forgot what tonight was....Big Brother and you know that's gonna be a good one !  OUCH..Rachel and Jordan 



I made a pot of coffee and I surely needed it.. I mean the blurr that happens in this house in the mornings ..I always smile cause I know no one in their right mind would believe it.. but some how we pull it off...and to think I've been doing this for years since I've been retired...DUH...hahaha..Hubby says, "See all the things you missed while you were working".. now I don't know about missing this...cause well let's just say.."it takes stamina and plenty of it"...maybe that's what keeps me ole heart ticking..speaking of which.. I have to reset those dang clocks again... Holy Hannah !


Ok...let my show begin and I'll start posting that recipe...




Big Mac Casserole

1 cup onion, chopped  ( I used red onion what I had on hand)
4 oz dill pickle, chopped
1 1/2 pounds ground  beef,  turkey or ground chicken what ever you like to use
10 slices American Cheese  (what ever brand you like 2 %)
1 pkg reduced-fat crescent roll dough (or regular)
Shred lettuce or buy bag shredded lettuce...
Thousand Island dressing (low fat or fat free)
Salt and Pepper to your taste in browning the meat..

Instructions

Spray a 9x13 casserole dish with Pam.

Saute onion and pickles with ground meat or turkey. Season with salt and pepper to your taste  When browned, layer in casserole dish.
Place 10 slices of cheese over the meat mixture.
Unroll the crescent rolls and seal the perforations so that its in a shape of a rectangle.
Place on top of the cheese and meat mixture.

Bake at 350 for 22 minutes or until golden brown. Serve over a bed of lettuce and top with thousand island dressing. Tastes just like a big mac!

Make sure you cut in squares or you'll wind up eating the whole thing..!

God Bless and Enjoy 

PS... I'm halving this recipe  using a 9 inch square pan.. it will be dinner tonight !


1 comment:

  1. Sounds really good...I am definitely going to have to try this one. Don't know if I will tell Ron it is called a Big Mac because he doesn't like them...he is a quarter pounder w/cheese kinda guy.

    Can't wait to see Big Brother tonight. I was hoping Jeff & Jordan would make it all the way...I really don't like Shelley so I am hoping she loses big time.

    ReplyDelete