Saturday, July 23, 2011

Thank Goodness I made it through to Saturday !

Thank Goodness I made it through to Saturday !   I can not and will not believe everything that's happened... I intend to just pass this by...I mean, I wish to only believe half of what I saw and non of what I heard...does that make sense..?   Not sure it does to me..but then again I'm not the average human.. HA!...By far from my list of things "never to do again" or " wake me when it's over".. Some where there has got to be a method to this sheer madness !

Friday's events were some what "of my usual" happenings..however I do always add a twist of flavor...with a hint of humor..cause I've surely lost my sense of dignity and what ever else falls into place...

I had my appointment to go to in the morning for my Ultra Sound...(I should stop there) and was it typical...HA!   Depending on your mind set...Not in my life time.... I head up  with a positive attitude..cause we women all know what it's like for this pelvic ultra sound...(key words)  Drink plenty of water :)...So I did.. I had two bottles with me in the car and they were nice and cold.. as I drove I figured I'd multi task...(hey we all do this) and I proceeded to drink and drink and drink..(you get the idea)..so when I got up to the hospital.. and drove around for a parking spot...(forget about it) I decided I'd not make this deal of parking..even with my handicap sticker cause all where using theirs today..

So I beebop to the Valet Parking...Why not it's the hottest day of the century.. I mean since 5am you couldn't breath the air.. it burned your lungs...So I drive on up and park and go inside and ask at the front desk .."I sure hope someone is parking today "... Lady smiles and replies.."Oh, but of course...just have a seat..."...Okie dokie.. I go in with my water and then I ask for someone to take me back to radiology as I'm not able to walk this long, long, long corridor. that looks like it's slippery as glass...(I wanna know what they use on their floors)...at that they got me a nice young lady and she whizzed me right down and around...(this is the longest ride I've been on in a hospital)  I asked her.."Where did they put the radiology dept " ?  She laughed and I'm telling you this hospital is huge and getting bigger as I speak..


I get to my place and I sign in and have to wait ...but I'm getting ready.. (you all know that feeling..) "the urge is just about there" ...a young fella comes up and says,  "Hey, I'm gonna be your tech and we're gonna get this done"... Ok so he's jolly.. Thank Goodness... and off we go to the races.. and he zips me in another room.. I smile and say.."Don't be gone long cause I'm ready, willin' and able"... He smiles and leaves... The room is filled with people waiting for other testings.. and we all look at each other and small talk.. you know weather things and how big the hospital is...


Of course my parking seat is near the bathroom..Oh lucky me.. and I keep hearing everyone flushing the "Johns"..and that's making me worse..cause I'm now at the "Gotta Go "  stage...Oh I hope he comes back... and then this tech pops his head in and says.."I'll be right back gotta emergency to do first".. OH NO...OH  NO ...You can't do that to me... OH NO.. my body is dancing..Hahaha... I mean I'm not gonna be able to last much longer...I can feel the sweat beads forming on my forehead.. HOLY CANNOLLI...I then look up at the TV and see a commercial where they are pouring something in a glass with that.. I make a  "B"  line right for the ..(you got it..)  bathroom and I know they heard me out side... It was heaven sheer heaven.. and no way could I stop... I come out the door and everyone is smiling..and just about ready to burst (like me) in laughing... the tech comes back in and says, "Ok, we're ready"...HA... NOT ME>>. He looks at me and says,,"OH NO"..HA... 


AT that point the whole room bust up laughing.. me included.. The next thing was... the tech leaves the room a few minutes later appears with a half gallon of water.. Hahahaha... Did I need this.. maybe .. cause it took the pressure of worry off me for the moments...I looked at everyone and said.."Guess he thinks I'm part Camel".. that did the room again.. Hence I had to sit again and drink and drink and drink..you got it.. I was there awhile....but I did get through the tests..and finally got out... and was so glad to get home..
I had a message on my voice mail from Zeke's Doctor.. She was telling me how the last few tests were .. and asked me to call...and you know I  called immediately..... Just hearing Dr Laura tell me Zeke was doing much better and was beginning to "Smile".. I knew my boy was getting better...how much better I wasn't sure...as we talked she explained to me that we will still be having more tests after he gets home and there is a possibility that this can reoccur...gawd don't let me hear that.. but it's a fact...

So here we are and now it's Saturday....I'm waiting for hubby to wake and then it's off to get him home... I'll get my list of what or what nots..and that's fine..I have plenty of chicken cooked up and I'm shredding it.. adding it too his rice and veggies..which he'll be on for a few more days then slowly adding his dry food back.. with of course all his meds...but just wanting him home is what's on my mind..

This has certainly been another experience in my life ..one I pray I never have to repeat or for that matter hope no one else had to either.. it's a test of "how strong is your heart".. I'll have to tell my Cardio Doc.. I know my heart is strong...cause if I didn't keel over with this.. I know I got more in me than what I thought.

So my next update will be...Zeke is HOME...of course I have to also take the rig in today... Hey, could it be a smooth day..Not in my life time...but maybe that's what makes my world go round..Kayos ...

Again I want to thank all of you.. cause without your prayers and support I'd be one lost pup..(see I told you I was part dawg...oh, maybe that's why I'm often called a B*#$ ch)  Ha .. I know you all are smiling at that....


God Bless and Thank YOU !

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear your baby boy is coming home, Barb, and he's doing better. Guess with the rv gals at your back and a great doc helped! LOL! Gonna be gone for the rest of the w/e, but I'll check back on Monday for an update. Take care and give Zeke a big ol' hug from his Ca auntie!

    ReplyDelete