Saturday, July 16, 2011

A quiet Saturday

A quiet Saturday morning..the house is still sleeping..well all for the exception of Zeke and Joe. When I'm us they are ..Ms Abby and Ms Reba are still snoring...and of course hubby. Looked out my den windows to see what's happening across the fields..all that I see is a slightly pinkish sky and a few bunnies..Mister and Misses Rabbit popping their heads up checking out the area.  That's a nice look around...peacefully and wait here comes the first car down the road...uh oh and a radio so loud I can hear the BOOM, BOOM, BOOM...OMG that young lad is gonna be deaf by the time he reaches 30...!!

While my pot of coffee is perking let me tell ya how my yesterday went...I left the house about 10:30am to head over to Quest...the parking area for them is not great for people like me with bum knees..however, I bit the bullet and dealt with it... I know I must have been talking to myself as the yard man was looking at me strangely..Hey, I'm an Ole Lady ..I have the right to talk to myself especially when I have to walk a mile (a little bit of exaggeration here)  I shook it off and said, "Well it's a beautiful day in the neighborhood...what a day for a walk...any flowers around I can pick"  whistled a happy tune and go to the office...big steps to climb..Hey I can hear myself singing.."Climb every mountain"...Uh oh I'm now losing it !...

So in I go...the place is kind of cute.. I mean nice colors and butterfly stickers all over the entrance way.. So where's the flowers ?....I walk up to the desk take a quick looksie and then sign in.. lots of empty chairs and only like 3 people sitting...Two nurses and a TV playing with a few butterflies on it ...Ok, ok I get the picture..You is free spirited and happy... YEAH.. out comes this young woman and smiles and then says.."Make sure you sign in...(here comes the punch line)  Do you have an appointment." ?   I fess up.."No, I don't...( then a quick pause)  I was told I didn't need one that you take walk ins ".... HA !  I was being nice and quiet...as I didn't want  any one to know that perhaps I was pulling a fast one ....by the looks around I don't think any one cared...

That nice young nurse then replies.."Ok, not a problem..we do take walk ins and as long as no one is here for an appointment  we'll be able to take your blood"...Ah how kind...I sure hope she's good !...and she was...my wait wasn't really long at all ..maybe about a half hour and this gal was GOOD... I know I'm a regular on the blood work.. like every 4 mos...and she used.. (you'll all smile at this )  the "butterfly"  needle..HA... that made my day...

The reason for me changing where I normally go to give my deposit..was because the Lab was sold and my insurance no longer has dealings with this (or should I say.."Maybe they don't want my Insurance) place..and boy I was an unhappy camper cause they also were good and No Appointments and I was always there at 7:30am..  Now with this place called Quest.. I can attempt to make appointments on line and they are NATIONWIDE...yep...right there is Florida I can schedule from here...Whoopie...:)

After that lovely experience I was off to ShopRite...I wanted to get something in for dinner..being it be a Friday I was wanting...FISH.. yep, Flounder..and fresh too..Now that's something that amazes me.. In Florida I couldn't get fresh Flounder..only frozen and I'm not big on Frozen Fish.. So my Fish Munger (what we call the guy who sells fish) was happy to see me.. and I him..we did our little gab and from there it was check out the goodies... Oh and by the way.. I bought lemons.. You ask, "What's the big deal" ?  well while in Florida I never get big lemons..unless I wanna get stuck  (remember that lemon tree story) the only ones I see at the store are small almost golf ball sizes.. and really not great...here in Pa and at the ShopRite .. big Mommas and I do mean BIG...and I was just as happy as can be..Oh and got some fresh basil too..ah life is grand..bought a large can of  Italian Peeled Tomatoes..and I is gonna make sauce ....

See I'm a simple person..(another stretch of the imagination here) and just a few things can make me happy.. A pot of sauce and good pasta..and of course a cuppa coffee...I can smell the aroma and soon my toast will be done too....Life is good...and so are the Critters..they are seeming much better ...so my story continues on..

Hubby, when he awakes and gets  his bearings will head over to Sam's club.. I don't like to go on Saturdays.. I'm not a crowd person.. I like to get in with my list and get out..like my other stores... So I'll have his list done by the time he comes to his senses and makes the "Happy Smile"  ( oh that is another big stretch) and he'll ask me...(like this isn't the first time).."Do we really need this" ?  I have to laugh cause it's just the basics.. I mean  Dish Washer Detergent... Paper Towels...come on here fella... so my reply is always..."Well, if you want to do the dishes and all the laundry  for all the towels that you'll go through.. be my guest " !   He then shakes his head and walks out.. Now this is something we go through every time  he goes to Sam's club...HA

For the rest of  the day I'll make a pot of Sauce and throw in some Meatballs..(my Italian Sinkers) and get a little caught up on emptying the Frig.. it's scary in there  ...I mean things I never saw before..  Ha ha ha... This man of mine throws nothing out... nothing.. even has the box that the TV (since December) came in.. I had to ask  him..."What are you saving this for " ?   You don't wanna hear this..well maybe you do... Hubby stands back and looks at me.. hands on his hips with a wise asp grin..."Well, if the TV goes bad I need a box to put it in "...???????   See I told you he always has an answer and it's always a winner...and I lived with him .. How Long ??????? It's me... it's gotta be me.... and with that.. My Coffee is calling my name and my fingers are gasping for a breather....soooooooooo happy trails and may God give you all a wonderful day !

God Bless... 

PS.... Ali, I hope all went well for you with your surgery... you are in my prayers ...Just catching up on all the news...

No comments:

Post a Comment