Saturday, January 11, 2014

And They Called This Saturday :)

And they called this Saturday:)...yes indeedy... I was up and had my plans..got my "stuff" all in order ...Critters were fed and I was out the door in a minutes notice..Go Gal Go...and down the road I went ...woo hoo but.....

Had to turn around I forgot something...The Afghan ..could you believe that one ?  Well I did.. I was so anxious and so proud of myself that I was out the door and down the road..DUH !!!!

So back I came to the house and the phone ran..OH NO !  Yes, it was Ms Jane with another problem..Oh dear Lord please give me a break today...I listened and then said, "I got to go"..and hung up.. (I'm getting better at that) and grabbed the box and out the door I went for the second time.

Got to the post office and it was PACKED...OMG...here I go..so I placed my box on the table and just leaned up against the wall (no place to sit) and it took about 40 minutes and I was up at the counter...

The gal there knows me and Jane and she's really sweet ..she looked at the size of the box and said, "Ms Zeee, this here box is gonna cost you 50 bucks to send. Can't it fit in one of those boxes over there?  She points to the Priority boxes and I did try to bend fold and squeeze and no go..however she came around and we opened my box and tried a few and no go..but then she looked at me and said, "Wait a minute I have a box I'm gonna throw out that should fit this"...and she walks to the back . A few minutes later she comes out with this big square box..one that you would put 4 Gallons in..

Low and behold it fit..and we squeezed the Afghan down in..and closed it up and she took the label off the other box and it only cost me 15 bucks...what a difference she saved me.. that I thought was so sweet of her..and I'm gonna make her something and bring it up as I have a few more baby blankets to make for an organization I pledged.

I left there smiling and then treated myself to a Hardee's breakfast..that was just ok..I ordered something different and should have known better but it is what it is and that's that. !

Came back and did up Sweet Potatoes for the Critters and put them in the freezer and now tomorrow I'll do the Butternut Squash and go into town and fill my car with gas and stop and pick up a few things from "Winn Dixie"..(love that store)...and a few veggies for Shug.

We had a heavy down pour and such lightning and thunder..OUCH.. I'm not good with that ...so I sat and just read something.. after it passed I turned back on the TV and watched Ice Skating...

Now I'm ready for bed and for tomorrow to start  LOL...Those traveling Stay Safe and as always...God Bless Us All..

No comments:

Post a Comment