Sunday, December 30, 2012

A Brisk Sunday brrrrrrrrrrrr !

A Brisk Sunday brrrrrrrrrr !  when I woke up I didn't wanna get out of bed..it sure was chilly..almost like being back in Pa..wow..and I even felt sluggish...but I had to get my butt in gear..it was the sorting of the Pills of Life morning plus also Critters pills as well..and yeah, I know I didn't pick up my scripts so that I have to do this morning too...

Called John, as he always saves me his Sunday paper without the adds LOL and also my plastic bags which I use lots of..so I arranged with him to pick up my goodies as I swung in from CVS and Winn Dixie..

Now that's a story...cause when I went I was hungry and that's always a big mistake cause you buy stuff you'd never buy before and so I did..oh my stars, "Am I feeding an Army"..????? hahaha

I swung by stopped and visited with John and met his daughter Naomi and I have to say, "She's her father's daughter...."  a female version of John ..and boy she smiles..such a sweet gal..She's retarded but my oh my her smile is Angelic..and so I told her because she is going back to California on Tuesday and I hadn't been feeling well to cook them a dinner, that I'd take them to lunch tomorrow..

So we will be going to Bob Evans and that should be pretty good food..and hopefully not too crowed...and I'll get a chance to visit with her..and I know John will be on good behavior too..hahaha..

Came back and my leg was aching..well, I hadn't taken a water pill and my oh my what do I expect..plus I hadn't put my legs up at all..and I still have to go to the rice fields..so that I'll do a little later on..

Played with Ms Shugs for a bit and she was in a wacky stage so I put her up early..when she doesn't behave away she goes..and did she sulk hahaha..was even ticked at me..wouldn't even talk..but when I took her out later she behaved..so you might say.."She's learning, I'm the boss"..yeah for now hahaha

Anyway some of you have asked me about my "Rice Fields" that I always refer too..well it's like this.. I wash the rice to get all the starch off it then put it in a rice cooker with chicken broth and then have chopped veggies I put in the steamer tray above the rice while it's cooking so it's double tasking ...so here's a picture of how it comes out...check this out :)

 My favorite rice cooker......does a fantastic job

 
 The rice mixture of white rice, peas, carrots, chopped broccoli, mustard,turnip and collard greens, green beans, asparagus and celery....
Finished product ready to be put in the freezer..this last me 11 days..yeppers it goes by fast as they get 2 containers a day..breakfast and dinner...and it's gone
 
 
So now my day is over with and I'm ready for Mister Sandman to bring me a dream and hope it's a good one..hahaha...but my day wasn't to bad ......for me.
 
Listening to the news then gonna say.."Toodles"..hope you all traveling stay safe and as always...God's Blessings Shine Down on All........................
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment