Saturday, July 21, 2012

We made it home on Saturday

We made it home on Saturday...this was one of the longest trips home..we left the Flying J in Carmel Church around 9am..after we filled up with gas and re hooked the car..the weather was not going to behave for us..nope it started to sprinkle and then off and on started to get heavier at times.... On we trucked up 95 ..I had decided because yesterday was such a rough drive for me that today I was going to do the same thing. Stop at rest areas on the way and rest a bit then truck on. This was a little bit intense as I had weather and visibility problems..yep, the fog roled in and it was like a slow crawl. And then the traffic started to increase..ok, I will just take my time and deal with it.. I also had thee joy of going over the Key bridge in Maryland. The visibility going over that..well it's like climbing into the sky and not sure if you need oxygen. Thank goodness I tok a deep breath. Held onto the stirring wheel and prayed.. When we got into Deleware the rain, fog and wind stopped so I decided I was gonna make it home..one thing. Once we got into Philly. Someone should have told me the game was a home game. Yes sir it was bumper to bumper traffic until we got past Broad street exit and then home we were headed.. Now I sit in my recliner numb and thanking the good Lord we made it home safely...long and short of it..I can see in the near future we will be down sizing to a smaller rig..it is now starting to stress me out and I now realize that my a love of driving this rig is soon to be coming to a close.. I can fib to others. But I can't fib too me..it's becoming harder for me..hate to admit it..but I want to enjoy it and not sufer afterwards..now a lot could also be all that happened but it really took a toll on me and I became Ill. Not a good feeling having Angina.. Moral to my story is...I want to enjoy my life and not suffer the consequences ...God has been very good to me. And it is time I repay those kind deeds..Sharing my thought and happenings..making some smile as well and perhaps learn from it too. Again it's so good to be home and relaxing...safe travels to al and always. God bless

No comments:

Post a Comment