Friday, July 13, 2012

Thursday is gone but not forgotten. So it's Friday

Thursday is gone but not forgotten. So it's Friday the 13th. We left for home after having a few friends to stop in and say their goodbyes Finally we set out to head on down the highway..but as I pulled out the driveway I realized that the frig needed to Be unplugged so hubby went back and he and I met up at the rest area to then connect the car to the rig..ah we are now on the road all is well that ends well. Heading up I 75 going into Gainsville the sky opened up. We could hardly see..so I was about crawling. Finally as we made our way to Jacksonville the rain let up. hubby then realizes it's getting warm. And gets up walks to the back near the frig and says , the electric is off..he then tries to restart the generator. It starts runs a few minutes then stops. Ok so maybe it's running low on oil. As soon as I can I'll pull over. Came to a rest area on I 10. And checked the generator it was a little low but not bad. Hubby put a little more oil in and then tried again to start But No deal. Ok so I then tell hubby to call roadside service for up in Brunswick Ga. Making a long story short the guy we got told us to call him when we got to the Flying j. We did just do that. He came within 20 minutes tried a few thing but no dice. Sooooo he then said for us to go up to exit 90. And that rung a bell as Lori and Ernie had Camp hosted ther for a few years..I then called Ernie and Lori and asked about the RV place we were going to be going to. Ernie said they were good. And that made me feel better. Thanks to those two I felt we'd be in good hands. Plus the guy that came out to us wouldn't charge us as he couldn't fix it. But we did give him a tip. That also made me feel that we weren'tt gonna be ripped off. Again it was extremely hot and we opened all the window. My Zeke was not doing well. He is not able to handle the heat and neither am I. He and I are heart patients. And as the night progressed we were getting worse. I started to become worried and did I start yelling. I felt very bad for my hubby but there was no way I was gonna stay there and do nothing . At one point we were going to get a motel and sneak the dogs in. But Zeee was not staying any loner.. So at about 1am we were heading up the road to that place...whenwe got thee we stayed at Loves till 7am. And we were in front of the door hoping we old get fixed. No dice in fact I had to call my RV guy back in Pa to ask if he could help us and Wayne sure did...he is sending the part here tomorrow and they will install it within 3 days. And in the meantime again to mAke a long story short they even found us a place to stay.. I've cut a few corners here cause I am totally blown away and Zeke is slowly coming back to him..so with that I am gonna say "good night and God bless. Safe travels to all

No comments:

Post a Comment