Friday, July 20, 2012

A long ride on Friday

A long ride on Friday...the longest ride that I ever took...started off by not having a good night sleep..we had an on going issue with the generator. Yes, you are reading that correctly. Even after we got the genny fixed and drove on up the road when we were ready to settle down for the night. The genny wasn't. Nope she done had a mind of her own. Most of the night she was surging. Up and down. Up and down till I finally got up and shut her off.....bad mistake. But I couldn't handle the noise. I did say " I was spent". There I was at 2 am pleading with the genny to start. Yep. It took several attempts and to the pont that I began to come unglued...a little shaking. A little uncomfortable..I was afraid that I was getting ill more like an angina attack. Brother just what hubby needed. You bet your sweet butt I prayed. I mean I did not want to have him (hubby in this kind of a mess). So I prayed that we would come out of this ok. And then the genny started up. Thank you dear Lord..and we both layed down and I dreaded the next drive. Sure enough come daybreak we started up the road. I had to pull over at every rest stop. My angina was grabbing me. And I get mine in my back...oh please let me make it ok..and again every 45 miles or so we pulled into a rest stop and that is what I did..that really helped as it would release the pressure I was feeling.. Driving through Richmond wasn't a thrill either as the traffic got heavy. But wow the roads were not great. I should have taken the bypass but I am not big on bridges. Yep I am not a bridge fan. I don't like heights. But alas we made it to Carmel church. Va at the Flying J. And I am settled in till tomorrow.. My girlfriend Mary called earlier as I had posted on face book about my trouble and our friend Eileen who lives near by offered us to come stay or if we needed help with our dogs..that was so nice of them both what would we do without friends. So we are well rested and just glad that everything is ok. And I am taking my meds and will take our time going home..we have another 5 or 6 hours and with God's blessings we will be pulling in our driveway.. So now I will say good night and safe travels. And as always. God bless

No comments:

Post a Comment