Thursday, June 14, 2012

Flag Day on this Thursday !

Flag Day on this Thursday !...it's also another special day for me as well.

My mother passed away 30 years ago today...a month before her 65th birthday..and I still have such wonderful memories that live forever in my heart.

Morning came to early for me...as I hadn't slept well from the night before. The lightening storm we had was pretty intense and although I tried to just cover my head ...every flash and then bang got my attention.

Along with today being "Trash Day"..get up, get it out and take a breather as my Critters watched on...Yeah, I  sure didn't want to miss it..I mean this truck comes in and whips on out.. "Weee Doggie".

I decided that I need my rest.. I mean I've got a lot still to get done but 2 weeks time..so I can slack off a bit and enjoy what time I can..So while I'm contemplating on how hard I'm gonna work I put my heavy duty Crock Pot to work...Yep, I'm really planning ahead ...and I've got to tell you the aroma coming from my kitchen is haunting... I've got a Garlic Chicken cooking..and nothing finer than smelling that...

Gonna whip up another batch of chocolate syrup too for later...That chocolate egg creme was just too good and I can repeat that again tonight..Why NOT ?

Simple to make the syrup if you don't have any in the house..cause you need to have the ingredients too..I mean that would help..but here's how..not hard ... 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa....1 cup boiling water ...mix together in pot on stove..then add 1/4 cup of sugar and 1/2 cup of Corn Syrup (light) ..mix with a whisk as you heat it..it will thicken..then set aside to cool... now that isn't too hard...as for the Soda...take a part of the syrup (I have large glass) so I use about a 1/3 of the syrup to half cup of whole milk and then with long handle spoon start to stir when adding Seltzer Water (plain)..ta daaaaah  add a straw and sip...

If any of you readers do try it..leave me a note..love to hear your comments..I mean it's really good ...as most New Yorkers will tell you..it's the Chocolate Soda of the City .. :)

This afternoon I've not got much planned other than need to pay my bills and whip a batch of Critter food up..yeah, it's the Rice Fields AGAIN..every ten days it comes...might do a double batch but I'll see how I feel...as I've also got to make room in the freezer..(motor home) for what I'm taking back.. Some how I can hear hubby complaining...

Well I need to wake up the Critters and let them out..they need some fresh air..hahaha...and we are expecting another rain later in the day...just love these afternoon treats..always at the time I'm gonna feed the crew..

Tonight...I know if I don't lose Satellite I'll watch a movie I taped..Simon Birch and then call it an early night..hahaha..10pm is my time cause I still have to give meds to Zeke and ME...

That's my day so far..and ya all know it can change in the blink of an eye..So sure hope you all have a great one too..and to all on the road..Stay Safe and God Bless

Momma, you're always in my heart...RIP

No comments:

Post a Comment