Thursday, June 7, 2012

Down Spouts on this Thursday

Down Spouts on this Thursday...well, more like flushing the down spouts LOL..but boy do we ever need this rain..not crazy about those colorful flashes that I saw at 4:30am but I kept my blinds closed..like making it was just gonna go away....sooon!!!

After the showers (putting it mildly) it was our grand and glorious trash day..and as soon as it was a little light outside I dragged it all out and no sooner did I get it at the curb...HELLO THERE TRASH TRUCK...wow it was here and gawd I thought..this is really early...

Came back inside and realized that only me and my one neighbor had ours out..uh oh...this needs to get more organized..then later in the morning I saw where Dick (Betsy's hubby) put his out.. I hated to call and tell him the news..but figured best do cause wasn't sure if another truck would come through...sure enough after I called Dick a truck did come back in...

What's weird about this "new" set up is that one truck is to only pick up trash while the other one on Thursday will be up branches and that kind of stuff..however I'm sure with this earlier pickup lots of people are gonna get dooped..(means forgotten).

So today is a day of RAIN and MORE RAIN and MORE RAIN...good thing I wasn't planning anything...hahaha..but wait.. I have these (4 and 20 ) black birds that are now being PESTS...they are eating up all my feed for the other birds...Now that's ticking me off...so that means again later this after noon I'll put a little feed out for my other birdies LOL...they got to have their dinner  :)

As for last night's TV program boy was my DirecTV all fouled up.. I was expecting to see Duets and guess what..LOL  it was So ya think you can dance..ok no biggy..and it was pretty good too...Talented dancers really..I'm aching from watching...so guess what's on tonight...( I hope) Duets..so I guess I'm going backwards, forward too...so much for trusting what you read never mind what you think you hear :)

I'm now starting to put away all my containers....that's another step getting closer to packing up and loading up the rig...I kid Diane that when I start putting my plastic away I hear "TAPS"...cause she's always saying, "What do you do with all this stuff" ?   and then I'm always explaining... "I have to have it as I cook up ahead for my Critters and ME...".

This is one of my "Big BAD Habits"... I save everything..guess it was from the days as a kid Momma would keep things and reuse as she didn't have to buy more things...and I remember when we got dish towels in the Soap Box Powder and those we used...there wasn't anything Momma didn't save..String, brown bags which covered our school books and even foil..that was always used for wrapping left overs too...so now I can blame Momma..I know she'd love that one..hmmm I just thought I felt a whack on the back of my head ????

Any way that's my project for today in between the rain drops...get all these containers put up for my return....oh and I did manage to clean my frig out for trash day too...goodness I was growing some strange looking trees in there  LOL...

On to putting my crock pot on...making a pot of chili and later I'll do up a pan of cornbread...that's what's on for my menu for tonight..oh and a little Italian Lemon Drop Cake..love that lemon goodie..

Keep safe on them roads and pay attention to this weather..most of all...God's Blessings to all !

No comments:

Post a Comment