Saturday, November 19, 2011

Surprises on Saturday

Surprises on Saturday...I'll say.. Got up early as usual (darn I wish I could sleep in) and let the Critters out..as I turned on my carport light (cause I can't see in the dark ) from the corner of my eye I saw my Red Leaf (gonna call her Sadie, the shady lady) Hibiscus with now 5 (count them ) blooms..omg when did that happen...cause you see this plant when the bloom opens it's really awesome and by the full day the flower seems to expand.. I mean opens wide then by the next day it's closed shut and then gets like a knot and I think it then becomes a seed..dunno but will have to look it up.

Any how this gem Sadie, done shot out 5 blooms..and I took a picture..yep went back in the house and waited till daylight and took a few shots and even my new White Christmas Cactus is blooming..so I'll post them up.. woo hoo..it's pretty in the carport..:)

Morning Surprise 5 blooms





















Yes there is 5 blooms
























When I opened that door and saw these blooms I just stood there and just shook my head..of course it was too early so I waited until 7am and took the pictures..LOL  Just Amazing..now here is the Christmas Cactus..


White Christmas Cactus with buds

The Christmas Cactus Group :)




















Another surprise the bud opened .



































Bob came over this morning to fix my ceiling fan..SURPRISE...the new switch didn't do the trick . Seems the motor got fried along with the switch..some where in time, I think I know when..when our power went off and SECO was switching us over ...ta daaaa my fan got the action...SUCKS...

So now I have to get a new fan cause the price of the motor it wouldn't be worth it..but I asked Bob...."When you go over to get my other goodies for the other Bird Feeder (Cardinals are not happy with the one I have cause the bar moves and they are spoiled ...I mean don't a branch bounce..DUH..) any way I ordered a Plant form feeder that will mount on a pole so I'll now have two feeders and this way maybe I'll also get to see the Wood Peckers...of course this will also be Squirrel Protected...hahahahaha... Them buggers keep trying but they can't get past that Torpedo Baffler...Yippee...

Feeder (bought through Amazon.com ..Bethie are you smiling ?) will be here after Thanksgiving...and Bob and Diane will come over and do another great job...This is getting costly just to have my birds..but ya know they are really neat to watch...Betsy if you are reading..see what I'm giving you..more entertainment...! That means when you do put your house up for sale..you can also include free entertainment...now where can you go and get that ?

Tonight I just did another pasta dish..Carbonara..yeah the heart clogging kind but boy it's delish and fast to make when you don't feel like doing much and as I talked with hubby today...guess what ?  He also cooked himself up a batch..see we have been together so long we are getting more alike  OH MY STARS !!!!!

Watched the Inn of the Six Happiness with Ingrid Bergman..I really like that movie...and every time it's on.. I'm tuned in . Kind of makes you feel good. After that I basically lobbed around and checked that Sadie again and guess what ???  (boy I keep saying that) the dang blooms are closed up.. so that means another surprise (maybe) tomorrow... this is sure and interesting plant. Filled with many surprises..good thing I haven't put her in the ground yet.. I'm getting first hand knowledge of her and all you that follow me are learning too..see how I share :)  LOL

Well, it's bed time and I'm sure in need of "getting under cover" and ready for my next moving Adventure...ya know it's gonna be a gooder !!!

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment