Friday, November 11, 2011

Friday...A Very Special Day

Friday...A Very Special Day...Not only is it Veteran's Day but a day I said "Good Bye" to a special "Trooper"...My best friend JOE..

It is with a heavy heart that I post on my blog...between the water in my eyes and the pain in my heart...I will miss him terribly.

This morning was very chilly and my Joe struggled to please me...he tried his best to stay with me...and as I watched this boy struggle I got angry...Yes, I was angry at what was happening..all he wanted to do and did on this earth was be with me and please me...He was the light of my life with his antics..He was always by my side no matter what...even challenging any one that dared to move into his spot..

Well, I watched as he fell over trying to go out and I picked him up...he was a mess and I was angry at that..then I realized what I was doing...and why my anger was growing...it wasn't his fault, it was mine...he only wanted to be with me...after I cleaned Joe up I looked at him and held him and told Joe.."it was ok...I have to let you go home"..to be where he could be happy and run again...to be with the rest of the Critters he knew...He'd be king of that castle and keep my bed warm for me... He knew as well as I...this was the time..

I called Bob and Diane to come over and come with me as I knew I wouldn't be able to drive home alone...and so they did...I called the Doc and asked if I could bring Joe in...Bob held Joe as I drove and Diane was in the back to be with me when we went in.... In the car on the way over all the alarms were going off... I couldn't believe it..we could hardly talk and Joe just leaned his head back and I reached over and patted it..talked with him and told him.."these bells are ringing for you, Joe"...

In the Doc's office I held Joe till he left me...it was peaceful and Joe was ready...I felt his life leave and I whispered to him..."we'll be together again...now you are in God's arms"...yes, there wasn't a dry eye in the office...but I was also at peace...my boy was no longer gonna have any more hard days..

When we got back in the car and drove....not a whistle or a bell rang and I said to Bob and Diane..."Those bells were for Joe"...!

As I look over at my bed..Reba and Zeke are laying there and that empty space still has Joe's pad and pillow...I can't remove it..not yet...and maybe not even tomorrow...

Dinner time was very quiet...Zeke went over to Joe's crate and I had to tell him..."Joe's watching over us"...it was so sad to watch my others stop by Joe's crate and only thing I can think of is they were just wondering where the boy was...

Tonight as I go to bed I'll say my prayers and thank Jesus for the time he allowed me to have such a wonderful friend...and Marshall, (who was Joe's human buddy in life until he lost his battle with cancer) is smiling down on us.. as now he  has Joe to play with. 

God Bless You Joe !

Jan 22nd 1996- Nov 11th 2011

2 comments:

  1. {{{ZEEE}}}} so sorry to read your post about Joe but glad you were able to be with him and that his passing was peaceful and that you had friends with you. Praying you sleep well tonight knowing Joe is not hurting any more. Hugs my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My prayers go out to you and the critters. I know they will miss Joe as much as you do. Just glad that you knew the time was now and that you loved him enough to let him go on home. I know your pain. Emmie sends you her love.

    ReplyDelete