Sunday, November 13, 2011

A Blessing Sunday

A Blessing Sunday...as I woke at 4am I reached over towards Joe's pillow and I felt such an inner peace..I was able to lift that heavy feeling...Hard to explain..but thinking about these cold mornings and how Joe would have really struggled I knew as well as he it was the right time..... I still sense his presence and probably will for a long time.. My Reba still jumps up and looks for Joe..as they were two peas in a pod and only 6mos difference in age..He was her big pal.

I let all the Critters out this morning and it was a little nippy ..they went in and out quickly..Ms Reba didn't get out of bed until 6:30am..you can tell she was getting her beauty rest...but when I walked in the room there she was snuggled up to Joe's pillow... yes, it brought me to tears....she lifted her head and looked at me.. I told her "it's alright, Joe is still with you"..

I'm getting through some heavy times as I lay up on the couch and the rest of the Critters join me..it's like we are just wanting Joe to be at peace and I do believe he is... and that's the part that is easing my pain..

Got a call from my friend Jane and she had someone at the dog show in Brooksville that wanted to give me a Crested Male...I had to tell her "no"...I just couldn't take another pup in... As I tried to explain to her..."it doesn't ease the pain and it doesn't replace Joe either"... I have 3 babes that I have had a long time and I want to just enjoy them...and love them for what ever time they have or I have...

Sometimes friends try to help but as you who have gone through this know..No one can help you.....only time and the Good Lord...as the pain eases your life makes another turn...So I'm just thankful for every turn I've had..

Today I'm gonna just take another break in my life and just appreciate what I have with my Critters...they are so neat and as I watch them they bring smiles to my face and heart...Joe's crate is still standing...I can not take it down..not yet... Ms Reba likes to just sit in front of it...Zeke likes to check and see if Joe left him anything...and Ms Abby (hoover) is always sniffy by it...

I'm going to make my list of things I need to pick up tomorrow as Diane and I go over to Sam's club for my big purchase...things I need for the house and I'll stop at a few other stores on the way home...

So my Adventures are gonna begin again...God is good no matter how you look at it...as I've always said..."Life gives us no promises but plenty of surprises....Good, Bad or Indifferent....Just be thankful you made it through "!

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment