Sunday, November 6, 2011

Did I go to Hell on Sunday ?

Did I go to Hell on Sunday?.....well from my point of view ..I was there !..Woke up at 3am with Joe having major issues...Seems the cold got to him big time..(just when he was doing so well) he had a case of the 2 Steps as we call them...and thank goodness for all those bed pads I have on, over and under him... I heard him crying and I woke and before I could get my slippers on it was...Bombs Away...

We, even the big ones...jumped back..turned on the light and OH NO !!!...yep I was grabbing towels and what ever I could to help Joe..I felt so bad for him as his look was mere confusion...He tried to call me but I was just so tired..but I can assure you, I was wide eyed and fully awake..

Had to take him into the tub and give him a bath and clean everything up..and yes, the washing machine was going full blast..Even though I always have him diapered and padded...it was wild and furious....Let the rest of the Critters out and we were up for the rest of the morning..

Morning was just long and hard for all of us....I worried about Joe all day and called Jane...(the fighting duo) and asked if she had a small Xpen...as I made up my mind I would put it in my carport and line it with a shower curtain and then use the wee pads..so Joe wouldn't have to go in the patio and deal with the weather...as it has taken a toll on him.. Jane called John and he came over and brought me what she had in her shed.. a small toy box (that's what we call those small tiny 2 x2's...

John stayed awhile as he was really concerned for Joe and me...and thank goodness he did... I put Joe in it and he had another episode...again thank goodness for wee pads and John and Jane...however, I did see it was difficult for Joe to even move in that size...so I called Jane back and asked for a small Xpen 24 incher...again the Angels are with me and Joe..cause she found one....Jane was at a local Dog Show (she's a full line vendor) and put one aside..

Later that day Joe did a lot of just drinking water...and I perked the water so that he wouldn't dehydrate...so I was ok with him drinking...he did eat his dinner later and I put him out and he was doing much better...no episode ..just seemed to sleep...that was fine with me..

Jane called and came over with John after the show and brought me the Xpen..and we set it up...I feel better with that as I think that's what I'm gonna use for him...and I closed the shades in the carport to stop a lot of the wind from blowing in..now it's not as cold even though it's still just an in closed screen area..blocking a lot of the wind helps..

Tomorrow I'll see if Diane is going out as I need to get a shower curtain to put down under the wee pads..it will also help the footing too...Yeah my brain has to go in over drive on this...and to think I have all this stuff at home..what good is it doing there ????

Joe is now sleeping in his bed and again I've got padding and everything ready just in case but I'm praying we'll get through this episode so we all can get some sleep and that Joe will be ok..

What else did I do today?   NOTHING.. just be with Joe and the Washing Machine and Dryer...and prayed that what ever it is we'll get through it !

Oh...Hubby's stew came out good !   I'm now at peace and gonna hit the sack and give thanks for my "fighting duo" and for Joe's peace..

Good night and God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment