Friday, November 25, 2011

Black Friday !

Black Friday !.... I've tried to understand why they call it "Black Friday"..is it because you'll cry after you spend your hard earned money or is it because you have to camp out in a tent or sleeping bag or what have you to get to be the first in the store...???? Dunno ????

My Black Friday started at 4am..and it was black out..(maybe another reason) and it was a tad bit nippy..although I didn't mind neither did Zeke or Abby..but Reba, well she tip toed ever so lightly. She was wearing her PJ's so that part was ok..perhaps I need to get her "Slippers"...hahaha.. I can see it now..Abby a pair of boots cause she hates "wet feet" and Reba a pair of slippers cause her footies are cold..but my big guy Zeke, well that guy nothin' fazes..may be a pair of marching boots cause he'll stomp over you to get out the door ...hahaha

Today I was at the Rice Fields..it was that time again... but tomorrow I'll revisit as I want a little jump start..hahaha.. I'm getting to need more breaks and I keep tellin' my critters .."I'm just getting old and lazy"...but it does give me a few days rest.

Sadie again out did herself this morning/last night. She belted out 9 blooms..gawd she must have been in high gear..I'm tellin' ya, "you all need to find one of these plants..".  hahahaha.

I didn't go over to Bob and Diane's for Thanksgiving as I was just a little under the weather..so I stayed home with my critters and we just snuggled up on the couch and watched lots of old movies..of course the Miracle on 34th Street..and I can't go without mentioning..Watching the Macy's Day Parade.. I'm a true New Yorker and that's something I have to watch...

I remember as a child going to Macy's to see Santa..and standing in the snow watching the parade..that was a big event for us..and smelling all the goodies in the stores too..the pretty lights and Rockefeller Center..OMG.. that huge tree...Nothing finer that to do the Window Shopping in New York..it's a treat..you don't have to spend any money to enjoy all that which it has to offer...then last but not least a ride through Central Park....YES !

A true walk down memory lane for me...I can smell it in the air..I loved so much about New York and still  do..I feel that home feeling when I come across the bridges...or for that matter when I use to come into the city via train...come up out of the subway...talk about a village under ground..many places to see and great little places to eat..not excluding the street vendors.

Goodness I felt myself just being there as I wrote all that ran through my brain..almost could taste those  "Hot Dogs"  LOL  yeah they are a treat and so are the vendors too.. Now back to the real deal here..no vendors but lots of people mad dashing through the stores..So for me, I'm keeping my butt in and waiting till Monday.

I have to sort through my decorations this afternoon as I have some pretty stuff to put up... and yes, I'll put up my tree.. with other goodies as well..even get some of those projects I have to send out next week..then start baking cookies and put them in the freezer...

Hubby will be here in a few more weeks..Wow, time is flying by and also this Christmas I'll have a visit from one of my cousins who lives in Tampa.. Haven't seen her since she was 5 and that's like 55 years...holy cow..long time wonder if she'll remember me..hahaha..

Ok, now it's off to work I go..into the kitchen and rattle those pots and pans and hum a few bars as I go along...nothing great on TV tonight other than that Gifted Man..but it is starting to get old....like me !

Have a good one all and don't spend too much loot..and stay safe..

God Bless....turning the pages as another Adventure will surely begin !

1 comment:

  1. Seeing NYC at Christmas is one of the things I would love to do. I kinda have it on my bucket list, but I doubt I'll ever make it. Wouldn't know the first thing of how to get to Times Square or Rockefeller Center. ~sigh~

    Love ya Lady

    ReplyDelete