Friday, November 18, 2011

Friday is now present and counting

Friday is now present and counting...Morning for me was Topsy turfy..what can I say, "it always is". I woke up at 3am and tried to go back to sleep..couldn't, so I got up. What is going on with me?...I know in the back of my mind and in my heart ..it's only been one week today since Joe and I'm still feeling him missing...again the pain isn't as bad..but the empty spaces is what still grabs me.

Reba is starting to come around a bit..but boy is she looking for Joe..as she jumps up on the bed she goes over to his spot and sniffs and I see her look...yeah it chokes me.. and even Zeke, who every day would give Joe a what for and Joe in return would come back at him...but ya know I think that was more a game with those two.

Sun is out and I opened my door and HELLO THERE..the hibiscus...the red leaf one....bloomed another flower and I ran in the house..(well not actually ran) and grabbed the camera and took some pictures..I'm getting better ...but I looked.. I was snapping away and when I opened the little side door on the camera...Guess What?????  There was no card in it...HOLY CRAPPOLA...it was all on "Internal Memory"...Ok, so I ain't the brightest star in the sky...now how do I transfer it...but first let me find that dang card...??????

Hunting I did go...last time I used it was when I was here..I mean before I left for Philly..ok, I'll pray to St Anthony..(we Catholics do that kind of stuff) and within a half hour...YEP !  I found the card..it was in the Card Reader that I attach to the computer...woo hoo !

So now you'll all see a few of my goodies...Red Leaf Hibiscus with bloom :) my two new Christmas Cactus..White blooms and my trusty Christmas Cactus I got as a gift when I first bought here..and she's got a really pretty shade of pink..but only buds at the moment and she's gonna have lots of blossoms...Then you'll see my Gardenia..the little tiny plant that now is getting BIG...oh I'll just surprise you with pictures... I took lots...only thing now is I have to upload...hahaha..might take awhile..have ya got a few minutes...hahahahaha


Gardenia picture taken before I left in June of 2011








    




Gardenia picture taken Nov 2011...WOW !



















Close up of Bloom on Red Leaf Hibiscus
















Full view of Red Leaf Hibiscus with Bloom


















 


Amazingly this plant when it blooms the flower only stays open 1 full day then seems to close...but it's gorgeous !  Also as you notice I'm having a little bit of a problem trying to get these pictures lined up.. but I'll keep practicing..:)

Oh here is a shot of the Bird Feeder...ta daaaaaaaaaa!



The Infamous Squirrel Proof Bird Feeder !!! It works !



















I want to show you also the impatience.. just before I left to head home to Philly and then after I returned..they too are amazing...


Impatience taken just before heading back to Philly

















Impatience taken today...Deeper Color

















Now just a few more and I'll let your eyes rest and my nerves calm down....Here is the Hibiscus that I replanted that the Squirrels almost destroyed ..it's growing into a beauty..


Hibiscus replanted..and Growing beautifully



















I think for dinner tonight I'm gonna treat myself to Chinese..a pretty good take out place in town...so as I bee bop over to Winn Dixie to get in a few things.. I'll order my dinner...Sounds good to me...and it will give me several lunches for the next few days...guess you might say.."I sure now how to lean back and do nuttin'..."....works for me !

Got invited for Thanksgiving at Diane and Bob's house ..and Diane is a pretty good cook. ..I'll still make a small turkey as them turkey and dressin' sandwiches are good...see I try to think what's less work for me...and I can always freeze up a pan of dressin' to reheat down the road too.. cause ya never know who is gonna do a surprise visit...hint hint hint ...

Tonight not much on the Tube...but I'll watch that Gifted Man and then maybe check out what I have on Netflix... I'm basically streaming from them now...and I just click on my Roku and lean back...See I told ya I'm in that Easy Listening mode..hahaha...now all's I need is a few buttons to press and have someone bring me my drink.. I'll make a Jack Rose tonight..

So I have posted pictures and chewed up all my finger nails and now I'm gonna head back to that "Jack Rose"...delish !

God Bless...and on to another Adventure tomorrow..




No comments:

Post a Comment