Saturday, November 12, 2011

A Somber Saturday

A Somber Saturday....My night was very hard...as I lay in bed Joe's pillow and pad was next to me...Zeke and Reba came close ..the house was just so still.. I kept thinking about the wonderful times that Joe gave me...all the laughing we all did as he showed us all his tricks...his little fuzzy duck he loved that Jean from JeMar gave him...and how he quacked it to get our attention...

Yes, last night was a long night and I just thanked God for letting me have him for all those years...he truly was the light of my life..He was a blessing for me as I was going through my recovery from having my heart attack..up and down that darn little boy would be with me and lay right by my side...Yes, I am missing him and will for quite some time..

This morning as I woke, I felt the bitter cold and I thought ...oh my goodness Joe would have never survived this cold...I grabbed my Reba close as she was laying over my head on the top of the pillow..My Zeke was nestled in close to me too...Abby..well she loves her donut bed...and she was snug as a bug in a rug...

I've had my moments ...like when I washed all Joe's blankets and PJ's...I had to hold those PJ's close to me...and when I made breakfast this morning..going in their room and placing the bowls in the crates...I came to Joe's and I had to touch it...Yeah, I did cry...and so did the crew..Zeke kept going over to Joe's crate...and Reba who always snuck in to see what Joe left only stood at the door way...

We all later  sat on the couch and hugged close..We will get through this and now Joe is now at peace and playing...and that part makes the pain in my heart ease..When I bring Joe's ashes home...I know I'll feel much better...

As the day went by my empty feelings started to lighten...as I kept thinking of how would we handle all this cold... I watched the birds come in and feed...and boy were they hungry....I watched the Squirrels attempt to get to the feeder...then finally wait till some seed dropped..and they were like bees making honey...

Talked with hubby off and on as he was concerned on how I was doing...and as I told him.."I'm ok, all of us are ok...and we will be ..."...Again I want to thank all of you for  your prayers and support...

As the night rolls in...again I'll hold on to that pillow...and probably will for some time...as it helps to just know we'll meet again.

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment