Thursday, September 8, 2011

A Trying Thursday

A trying Thursday...Rain and more rain came down..and this morning good grief should I have built and ARK ????? Flooding in a lot of the same areas as before here in Pa..Hubby will be leaving for work with hip boots pretty soon or maybe a row boat !

Last night  as I watched Big Brother l was glad to see Adam win both power of Veto and then H O H..yes, I was on the edge of my seat... That's the neat part about this Big Brother Show..it pulls you in and you start wrapping your brain around the weaved mess it becomes....and it does become a mess as personal feelings get so caught up .
Then it was on to the America's Got Talent..Okie Dokie..so my 4 acts that I liked got picked in....but the two were my favorites and that was the young kids in the band and Landau.. although I felt that lump in my throat when that young girl and Landau were the last two.. yeah, another show that takes hold of you...You could see how Landau being a father felt for her..but she'll do well only 11 years old and such talent..she's got years ahead of her to grow..

So life goes on and so does my morning here.. I put my pork roast in marinade yesterday and some time today I'll put it in the Crock Pot...that's on for tonight's experiment and yes, I'll post the recipe .

Coffee is perking and I'm so ready for it..getting my list out of things that I need to get done ...so I can do a little more of this baby blanket...once I start something like that I have to get it finished.. I'm anxious to see how it looks..LOL and then get it out of the house..LOL  I even got a box to put it in and have a card.. Yes, I'm ahead of the plan ...not that I always get that much of a jump start.

My Joe is a little off today.....I worry about him as he falls a lot..but every time I think it's getting time to make my decision he bounces back again, it's never easy . Zeke is going for his EKG this Sunday and then on the 26th he'll have his Echo and we'll see what's happening with his chest...if the mass is there and growing..well, another hard call.. 

My critters are wanting their breakfast and I'm definitely in need of that big mug...shake these cobb webs out of the gray matter... Have a good one and what ever you do today...know that God is Blessing you !


Crock Pot Chinese Pork ( Char Sui Pork )
1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
1/4 cup hoisin sauce
3 tablespoons ketchup
3 tablespoons honey
2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
1/2 teaspoon five-spice powder
2 pounds boneless Boston butt pork roast, trimmed
1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth

Preparation
Combine first 8 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring well with a whisk.
Place in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add pork to bag; seal.
Marinate in refrigerator at least 2 hours, turning occasionally.
Place pork and marinade in an electric slow cooker.
Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
Remove pork from slow cooker using a slotted spoon;
place on a cutting board or work surface. Cover with aluminum foil; keep warm.
Add broth to sauce in slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 30 minutes or
until sauce thickens. Shred pork with 2 forks; serve with sauce.

Making Basmati Rice and Steamed Chinese Veggies to go with ...

No comments:

Post a Comment