Thursday, September 15, 2011

Running on Half Empty on Thursday :)

Running on Half Empty on Thursday :)..Would you like to know why ?   Sure you do !  Well truth be known (and by all that's had to do this) I had to fast last night as I am going to get my blood work done so that me Doc's (two of them) will have the results when I go next Tuesday to the Cardio Doc ..who by the way is gonna have a conniption fit cause I didn't get that "Stress Test done..

Well I can tell him that if he followed my blog he'd know I didn't need one cause I'm going through STRESS everyday since Zeke took ill and then the rest of the saga of my life story..Good Golly Ms Molly....

Here it is wee hours and I've got to be at Quest (blood donation drop off ) to get my blood work done and then stop at the store to pick up a few things..got my list ready too and boy morning without coffee ..OMG..I'm getting a little bit edgy..but soon after I get that done.. I've got my carry mug ready, willing and able.. I'll sit in my car in the parking lot and sip away..:) 

Yesterday I watched the continuation of Anthony's on Dr Phil.. I still feel that anguish in my stomach .. my heart felt pity for Caylee ..however, she is now with God..but so young and for some Whacked out Asp Wipe of a Mother.. that's just how I feel...

Later hubby and I watched Survivor, Big Brother and recorded America's Got Talent..it was a full night of attention grabbers..and it was the best part of the day ... I mean hubby and I were glued to our chairs.. the Critters were lying down and didn't make a sound..guess they know when it's best not too.. in fact took the phone and put it on message only.. You know we wanted nothing to break our devoted attention...:) So as Big Brother ended with Rachel winning and America's Got Talent and Landau winning it was a good evening and now we're gearing into the "new" Survivor...see it doesn't take much for us to get into the grove :) 

Now here I sit waiting to leave the house and get my chores done and without that coffee..only that  perfume aroma is floating through the house..but soon I'll fill my mug and I'll be on the road..Have to feed Critters and get them done and then..Onward March out the door .. I'll hear the darlings do their 4 part harmony...gawd they are good ....come back and get my Crock Pot on..don't want that sweetie to think I've forgotten her LOL...Nah, my Crock Pot knows her place..she's got her special spot..and filled she'll be today...Chicken Chow Mein..simple and tasty...

God Bless..


Psst.. here's the recipe..


Crock Pot Chicken Chow Mein


1 Tbs oil
1.5 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in 1" pieces
4 carrots, thinly sliced
4 green onions, sliced (include green portion)
3 stalks celery, sliced
1 cup low sodium chicken broth
1 Tbs sugar
1/3 cup light soy sauce
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1 clove garlic, crushed
8 ounces bean sprouts
8 ounces water chestnuts, sliced
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/2 cup water


Heat oil in skillet and brown chicken (if you don't have time to do this, you
can skip it). Put chicken pieces in crock pot. Add all ingredients except
cornstarch and water. Stir and cover; cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.

Turn to high. Combine cornstarch and cold water in a small bowl; stir until
dissolved. Stir into the crock pot liquids. Keeping cover slightly ajar to
allow steam to escape, cook until thickened, about 15 to 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment