Saturday, September 17, 2011

A Tempting Saturday

A Tempting Saturday...to stay in bed, but it ain't a gonna happen.. I'm only dreaming but every once in a while it's good to dream ! 

My yesterday wasn't too great but seeing Zeke eating just a little was at least a good thing.. I had to add extra goodies to at least get him started..and again I did small frequent meals.. so if it's back to 4 times a day so be it.. I just don't want him to fall back into that loop.. Gawd I don't know if he has the stamina to survive another go ..For me, I'm falling apart at the seams..and not much thread left..


He's got a bad case of the "D"s.. and I'm just adding more rice and I have to be careful what I do give him.. However, I am mixing his dry food with some of what I give Reba and Joe.. they get Wetlands Roast Duck and Fowl..it's for their skin and also has no grains in it...more like if you dog has any allergies this would be a food to feed.. (say that several times quickly that's a tongue twister)..Zeke seems to really like it and took it right out of my hands.. 

So I mix half and half and he's eating..a little at a time.. so Abby is gonna love the new blend..she's my "Cherry Mahogany Special"  so she'll have the extra goodie too..and that's fine with me.. what ever it takes to make them all happy and healthy.. 

Hubby was up in Boston so for dinner I just reheated the Onion Soup which by the was was excellent..through some garlic croutons in and then added Mozzarella and Parm cheese to it and Wa La I had me a big bowl of goodness..

Hubby got in late which I new he would and by the time he got back it was bed time for all.. My netflix arrived so this will be a good time as nothing great will be on TV on the weekend...

OMG.. it's right the weekend is here  ...and the go around again is ready.. I'm not but it's getting very close to figure what I'm gonna be doing..Have to call the RV dealer this morning.. yep, I didn't get to do it with Zeke going off kilter..


Coffee pot is going and so is my list of what we need as hubby loves to shop..omg.. what's wrong with him..(ha, he loves it cause it's a money thing to show me how he can save...NOT )...what ever if he loves it so be it.. I'm one that's not crazy about shopping.. I go in and grab what I need and let me get the heck out...

Today I'm loading the crock pot with a Beef Stew..everything in the pot and when it's done ..have some crusty bread and butter and a good salad and that will be fine...  Yes, I'll post the recipe.. it's one I've done for years but always did it in the oven.. and turned it into the Crock Pot version.. either way it's delish and again.. SIMPLE....


PS..did I tell ya I'm loving the cooler weather.. Fall/ Autumn is my favorite time of the year and also when I was born.. humm maybe that's why I sometimes turn color :)  hahahaha...

God Bless 

Psst..this was an Oven Stew from the 1960's..You can do in the Crock Pot 

Barbzeee's Oven Stew.

Cut up  Arm Steak or Chuck Steak into Cubes....removing excess
fat. I slightly freeze the meat making it easy to trip and cut
in cubes....
1 1/2 lbs of Beef cubed....
1 Lrg Green Pepper cut in strips...
2 Lrg Carrots cut up in pieces
1 Lrg Yellow Onion...cut in half then in slices
4 Lrg Russett Potatoes cut in  quarters

1 can Tomato Soup
1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup

1/2 can water or Sherry
1 1/2 cup green peas added last half hour
Salt and Pepper
Lawry's Garlic Seasoning

Arrange meat in bottom of pan then put veggies in  ..Sprinkle seasoning
over veggies and meat.....Mix Soup with water and pour over evenly..
Cover Pan with foil tightly....Put in 300 degree oven for 6  - 61/2 hours
Last half hour I add 1 1/2 cup green peas..
Make garlic bread to serve with it..and a good salad.. I make Escarole, Red Onion and Parm Curls and some
Toasted Walnuts.. make Vinaigrette  with Walnut oil (easy to make) and red wine vinegar, salt and pepper mix and toss over salad...delish..

This makes a delicious stew with fantastic gravy....

 Follow directions but put in Crock Pot.. I cut the potatoes so they're in smaller chunks and cook this on high for 4 to 5 hours till done.. if on low 6 to 8 hours depending on your Crock Pot..

No comments:

Post a Comment