Monday, September 5, 2011

Labor Day.. Monday

Labor Day...Monday..now I could hit this with several stories.. and I'm not sure which one would be right..however, the wording  "Labor Day".. is that meaning..Working your tail off, or Bearing the fruits of pain.." ?  now that could be taken several ways..all in all it has to do with WORK...and here we are celebrating WORK.. (with so many people out of WORK )  how strange..

Yes, my mind is off in the wild blue yonder again..but sometimes that can be a good thing.. mainly the titles to these holidays always gives me a flare (hahaha my play on words here..like spark ..like idea) as to how they came about..Guess I'm getting back into history which so many are forgetting.

Now that some of our books are being changed (to be politically correct) I best try to grab what I knew it really was because later on when my mind is gone astray someone might come up and tell me another twist of this saga... Such a shame..Why can't it be what is was, then try to "fluff it up".. to something it never was..DUH...!!!  Guess that would be the 64 thousand dollar question..???

Like Mark Twain novels.. which I have, are being taken out of the libraries..goodness such a shame cause they were really wonderful to read..and your imagination took you right into that era.. well mine did.

That was one thing about my childhood that I have a flash back from.. I remember at night time listening to the radio..(yes, they were made back then) and as the story was being told ..lying there in bed I'd close my eyes and I could actually picture everything that was happening.. Gawd it was exciting..sometimes I wonder how I went to sleep.. hahaha..wait, I'm sure if someone back then would have said.. "This is very bad for children".. they might have gotten stoned by us "children".. cause these were the best stories and we couldn't wait to listen. 

Oh, you'll love this.. I just heard something a few days ago on the news.. about some woman that was brought up on charges for disciplining her child as she made the child sit with a bar of soap in his mouth... Now, I can tell you and it's a fact.. I as a child had more soap in my mouth..to the point I could give you the flavors of which bar of soap was of choice !.. Yes, Mama would say.."You're potty mouth needs to be cleaned "  cause I always would say some words I heard on the "Street".. never mind from my Brother..HA.. Gawd Mama we'd be visiting you in jail.. for LIFE... hahaha... Yeah, I can hear her praising Labor day.. Labor of Love, and Hard Work and don't spare that big spoon cause it sure as hell keeps these kids in line... :)  

Good to keep your memories going and spread them through the rest of the family.. kind of what you do at a family reunion..and you might learn a few more ..There are times I miss my parents but then I look on my dresser and there they are .. I feel them in my heart ...and I can almost some times smell the perfume Mama wore..White Shoulders.


Here it is wee hours of the morning and quiet..again I'm up early but for some reason this time is special..it's a holiday and all the preparation Mamma would make just so everyone could enjoy the day..a true Labor of Love..


Now my coffee pot is perking .. I can smell that aroma..like little fingers rolling and grabbing my tonsils.. hahaha.. come here and drink of the fruit of the bean...omg..crazy lady here.. 

Psst..no I didn't miss Big Brother..(how could I) it was right on the money too.. I mean Rachel, no matter how I'm not crazy about her..she's a competitor..whiny, but a die hard competitor..and she won H O H..now that nasty play continues and so do all us followers..to the END...:)

So all have a Blessed Day and be safe..


Yoo Hoo ! .. Bev this is for you.. Those Pineapple Upside Down Biscuits.. (oh so good).

Pineapple Upside Down Biscuits...

10 maraschino cherries
1/2 stick light butter at room temp (or regular)
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1 (10-oz) can crushed pineapple (drained and reserve liquid)
1 (12-oz) package refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (10 count)

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.

Spray 10 cups of a muffin tin. Strain the can of crushed pineapple, save juice for later.
Combine pineapple, sugar, and butter, mix well. Divide the pineapple mixture amongthe muffin cups.
Place a cherry in the center of each muffin cup, making sure cherry hits bottom of cup.
Place 1 biscuit in each cup on top of sugar and pineapple mixture.
Spoon 1 teaspoon reserved pineapple juice over each biscuit.
Bake 12 to 15 minutes,or until golden. Cool for 2 minutes.
Invert the pan onto a plate to release the biscuits.Serve warm.
Enjoy :)



*** I use a tray lined with foil to turn these out onto..



No comments:

Post a Comment