Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Tilting it Thursday

Tilting it Thursday...as I now again start to scroll through Lowe's  on line looking for a freezer...Oh yeah, my yesterday was another Whopper and it wasn't with pickles and lettuce either ...

Yesterday morning as I was having my coffee getting things ready for my Doc visit the phone rang .. Ok, it's very early (7ish) wonder who's calling ??  So picked up the phone it was Diane, who takes care of my house in Florida.. How nice she's wishing me good luck for this last Doc appointment...NOPE!  not this time.. She is giggling and I'm kind of having a hard time understanding her..She then says, " Did Sears call you " ?  HUH?????  I reply, "Why did they change the delivery date ".. as today was the day they were delivering my freezer... 

Well with that Diane says, " Oh, you ain't a gonna believe this".. I get this funny feeling and I say, "Why, did the dam thing fall off the truck" ?   and I really just said that because 2 years ago I bought a freezer from Sears and that's exactly what happen the day it was to be delivered... Diane starts to laugh again and says, " I wouldn't believe it if I didn't hear it myself and when the guy said, "I have some bad news, the freezer got damaged"....

Now I ask ya, how many times does this have to happen to me ???? I mean I don't believe it myself but it happened...so I then told Diane, "I'll call the store".. well I had to wait till 10am before the store opened up... So the time came and I called.. now you'd think that being they did that screw up AGAIN, that they would be humble...NOT in your life, oh they were sorry but they would get me another one and deliver it on Oct 5th..and I'd still have to pay the delivery charge...No bonus up for me.. I mean only inconvenience everyone and have an attitude .. WRONG thing to do with ME !  

I told them to stick it where the sun don't shine I wasn't gonna buy another thing from Sears. So I now have to get a freezer and my fingers will have to do the walking again on line... it's just one of those things that happen.. but for me it's a common denominator :) 

After I got finished with that mess I went on to the Doc's and got cleared to travel and got my flu shot and then later on broke the "news" to hubby..which by the way laughed so hard.. See we tend to just laugh it off cause this was a joke 2 years ago when I attempted to buy a Freezer..pretty soon I'll be going into the Guinness Book of World Records !

We watched X factor and Survivor as I had to record one and every time a commercial would come on hubby and I would just smile..I knew what he was thinking.. What a day, what another crazy story to tell .. Some of the kids on the X factor were really very good so this will be a great show when it starts getting into the competition.. and the Survivors are starting to make the plot thicken as they form their alliances..

Here it is morning and I've got to call again for the RV. Nope I didn't get my return call so I now have to step it up a notch ..and nothing is gonna surprise me .. I mean I'm prepared for the next Winner.. Oh and I did make the appointment for the Critters to get their vaccines.. which will be Sunday..so we now are getting down to the nitty gritty and my lists are going...what stays and what goes....

Coffee is going now and I'm in need of it cause I need more fuel for this fire I've got going...HA !  at least it's a rewarding feeling..and we'll watch another episode of X factor .. Dinner will be just a simple Fried Ham and Cabbage with taters.. and then it's on to another Adventure.... I told ya so :)

God Bless

1 comment:

  1. To BarbZeee,

    I came across your blog and I wanted to reach out and apologize for the second delivery incident that you've experienced with a Sears purchased. I'm especially sorry that our store was unwilling to compensate you for the inconvenience and frustration caused by the delayed delivery. My name is James and I’m part of the Sears Cares Escalations team. We value you as a customer and would appreciate the opportunity to discuss this issue with you further and restore your faith in Sears. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smsupport@searshc.com. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the delivery was scheduled under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your screen name (BarbZeee) for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

    Thank you,
    James H.
    Social Media Moderator
    Sears Social Media Support

    ReplyDelete