Saturday, September 10, 2011

A mad dash on Saturday

A mad dash on Saturday... having lots of things to get done.. I'm some what running a bit in circles..a few of the places I needed to go are a little under water so have to put that off till next week.. Hubby will head over to Sam's club and get a few things we're out of ..Never seen such a massive flood in ages..and still more rain will be coming today...!

Last night we watched the strangest movie.. "Dinner for Schmucks omg !. it was a Satire type comedy of errors but some parts were just hysterical...but the rest made you know, it's them not you ..!  Don't even know why I picked this film..guess I might have saw a commercial with it and only got the funny parts..LOL  too weird and very, very strange ..

This morning as I am making my list I've got my big pot on the stove..Yes, it's time to make Critter food..thank goodness it's only once a month I do this one..for Joe and Reba..we won't talk about my Rice field..:)  cause that's the next thing I have to get going.. Rice Cooker for Zeke and Abby..ugh ...but I will have my Crock Pot..trusty darling...going and I'm doing hubby's favorite..

Yes, that southern man of mine requests a few things...he says, "he has to have these fiddles cause it's a part of his heritage "  ok with me..LOL  So I will put on a pot of Pinto beans and do another pot of Greens and make a pan of cornbread  and have some onion and tomatoes sliced..just before dinner will be served...LOL  what can I say..

I best get moving .. my coffee is perking and Critters will be wanting theirs..some routines are like clock work while others are a drag... I smell that coffee and it's calling my name...:)

Have a good one and God Bless

Pintos Crock Pot Way.....

1 bag pintos..( sorted and washed)
1 White Onion.. (or what ever you have )  Chopped
1 tsp Garlic Powder (I've been known to do a little more :) )
1/2 tsp Black Pepper
1 1/2 tsp Salt
*7 1/2 cups Water  (sometimes you have to add more just watch)
Turkey Kielbasa or Smoked Sausage (cut in chunks)


Put pintos in Crock Pot (6quart is what I'm using) add seasoning and onion .Add water and cover ...cook on high for 6 hours... last 30 minutes I add either Turkey Kielbasa or Smoked Sausage cut in chunks....for me I like to add it in the last part as other wise it tastes like boiled meat that lost it's flavor..

No comments:

Post a Comment