Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Can't make rice on Wednesday :)

Can't make rice on Wednesday :)  That's right on the money..John (of Jane and John duo) called to ask me how I make my rice ...well, I could have told him a long tale but I decided to fess up. Yeah, some times you just have to admit the truth....So I did !   He giggled of course as he's a "Southern from Tennessee and he can make rice ...Sure then why is he asking me how ????

Long and short of it...He has the same problem I do..Sometimes it comes out great and others (which is most of the time) it comes out gummy ... Now Pasta I can cook...was raised making pasta..but rice...nope I can do Success Rice and it's good...so why bother with the Rice that don't make it..

So like I told John,  "I done bought a rice maker"  it's called "Aroma"..HA!  but guess what ?  It makes perfect rice every time and no mess other than you have to rinse and rinse and rinse the dang rice before you even make it..

I've watched many a cook shows and they just take the rice (raw) and measure out a cup and then put in 2 cups of water, pinch of salt and maybe a little butter  and crank up the fire cook till it comes to a boil lower the heat and simmer till it's done...Sounds good but that never happens for me..

John went and bought him a rice cooker...HA !  Now I told him read the booklet first and then call me in the morning...Gawd I sound like a "Doc"..:)

I can't wait to hear his results cause if it don't come out..I will be glad I won't be around...but I have faith as it's so simple he should be happy..."Maybe"..

So that was the extent of my boring, gloomy day cepting I watched the trail and WOW I was in tears watching the Father get done by the defense atty...I don't think I could have sat and watched my father take a brow beating...or better yet if I was him...I don't think I could have made it through that session..

Then the rains came and boy it was like the heavens opened up and then disappeared..Ok, won't it rain a little steady for a day ..that would be so nice..maybe tomorrow..and thinking of tomorrow I have got to put the chairs in the wagon and get my asp in High GEAR...cause hubby will be here on Friday....OMG>..it's only 2 days 

With that I'll say... "Happy Trails" and then the long journey home...I asked hubby to bring his air card...so he told me he will have his computer with him as he has to do work while I drive...That means I can post when we pull in for the night...YIPPEEEEEE

Now I lay me down to sleep and pray the Lord will give me ENERGY cause I need all I can muster up...

God Bless and Sleep Tight !

No comments:

Post a Comment