Saturday, February 1, 2014

I Didn't Forget Friday :)

I didn't forget Friday :)   Nopes !  I just couldn't get on my blog to post..did I go a little, "Goofy"?  Of course .. I mean this is my daily routine..to post my day and to talk to myself and those who attempt to read and follow ME !

My morning was a bit of a "Get things Done"  cause I had an appointment with the Doc to follow up my blood work of 2 weeks prior...so getting Ms Shug done and attempting to wait for Ms Reba to get up and about.. Mister Zeke giving me the "LOOK"...yeah it was busy and it was also cold and NASTY rain !

I did manage to get Ms Shug taken care of and as for the Two Doves..well, Zeke got a couple of bisuits and Ms Reba got one broken up ..when I get back they'll get a few more goodies and tonight they'll get their dinner..doesn't hurt to give them less for one meal.

Out in the cold damp weather I was..and I turned on my heater and also push the button to warm me bottom and back..Oh yeah..something you want to have in your car..it's wonderful..

Got to the Doc's office and as usual it had many waiting..so I had started working on a little hat to go with that Cowl..and as I was crocheting I saw this little tiny tot just sitting in the chair crying...and as I looked at her she wasn't really dressed properly for this kind of day...but Momma was watching TV and this little tot just had this sad, sad look..

You know how you often scan the room your in..well that's kind of what I did and as this hat grew (fast crocheter here ) this little girl's eyes grew big and wide...a thought came to my mind.."this hat could fit her".. as I had more of a ways to go for an Adult...so I kept watching this child and the hat and before I knew it I was making a motion to this little girl would she like this..and she smiled and nodded..then I asked Mom, "excuse me,but would you mind if I give this to your little girl ? ...she's been watching it as it's been growing "...

The woman looked at the hat and her daughter and then smiled at me and said, "Thank you".. I got up from my chair and gave the little girl the hat and helped her put it on ..she had such a big smile on her face..and I felt that funny feeling .. I was glad I could .

Next thing I know after sitting there for a few hours ( don't ya just love appointments) my name was called and then again to go sit in another little room ..OH!!!!...so I grabbed some more yarn and started another hat LOL..

Finally the Doc walks in the room comes over towards me and gives me a big hug and then says, "Where's Mine " ?...hahaha.. We both laughed and then he read me my report..

Goes like this.. my blood sugar was 110, my A1C was 5.6,but my glucose was 32 and he explained that my pancreas was working hard to produce  and that he definitely feels I'm pre diabetic..OK, and that possibly with some changes I could /might prevent it...and we talked about what I could do..and then also said, "Get that weight down too"... oh, I did manage to lose 8 lbs.. and my blood pressure was 138/78  so there was some good news..

As for my exercise which is always a joke as I can barely walk now but I guess my cleaning the house going in and out all day long and bending ..stooping and what have you just isn't enough.. when I think how active I've always been to what I am now..he's right but for me I have a lot of pain in my knees but I still get up and do...so maybe if the sun ever comes out and it warms up here in Sunny Florida.. I'll start doing water aerobics ...can't ride a bike...

The rest of the day was .. (get this)  I left the Doc's office and went right to Capt D's and had me a fish platter.. and yep, it was deep fried..hahahaha...but I don't eat like that all the time so this was a treat...didn't even go to publix cause it just was so nasty out.. came back home let me critters out cleaned up Ms Reba's mess..*yucko...poor ole gal..

Then I decided I had a day and I'm taking a Nap..Ms Shug was happy with her new toys...not happy about her new food..but she'll eat it, like it or not...look at the floor .. might be NOT...but she needs to eat this too...so glad now she eats her pellets..that's really important..such a fussy bird !

Then before I knew it .. it was night time and bed time and that was my long lost day...So with that.. I need to get into the kitchen start my critters water then get the pills going...

Those traveling Stay Safe and Watch that Weather... God Bless Us All.

No comments:

Post a Comment