Friday, February 7, 2014

It' Friday the Big Day !

It's Friday the Big Day !......starting off pretty chilly with drizzle of rain..and hubby was hoping for warmer weather but to him it might be warm..I mean coming in from 12 and under ..it's warm !

Morning was rushing as with the rain dogs in and out quickly..and put up all the junk I had from sorting through things..why always the last moment ????

Then along came afternoon and I get a phone call from Microsoft letting me know my computer hard drive was hacked OMG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...I get up off my butt and hurry to my computer the man on the phone is telling me what I need to do..but he first goes into my info and my acct number and then I turn on my computer and he proceeds to tell me what I need to do..

Shows me the letter Microsoft sent..and sure enough there it is with my acct number and all so I proceed to follow his instructions to the T..even has me type in the support.me which brings me to a Microsoft page and then says.."Click on this and then a box appears and he's chatting with me in the box..then tells me to put in certain commands so he can show me my hard drive is corrupted..

Now what makes me crazy is..HOW  I mean I never clicked on any emails with links nor go to any sites that show as dangerous..only just a few stores I buy from regularly...and I head Yahoo got hit and I do have an account with them but I never use it.. Don't store my passwords..how could this be ???

So Thankful that Microsoft called me.. then we proceed as he tells me I'm going to have to buy a new license and I ask, "how much" and he tells me to just follow what he's asking and he'll make sure my computer is fixed..and I start to ask questions and he tells me to be quiet and listen..

My hackles go up.. What is this .. I mean how can he talk like that to a customer..and then I ask him about my I pad and Iphone and he says, they are corrupted as well...Wait a minute here.. I mean they don't have Microsoft and how could this be... I'm starting to ask a few more questions and he gets a little nasty with me.. UH OH.. I smell a RAT... I then ask him for the number there and he gives me a number and I call it...and I get some Tom ..no Hello Microsoft.. I get a little nervous and he then says, "Are you listening to me "... I then realize.. I've been doooped !

I disconnect the laptop and then hung up on him and he tried to call me back a few times.. I then call my ISP carrier asking if they got hit ..they said, No.. then call Microsoft and sure enough.. I was hacked... I was a wreck.. it took them about 5 hours to clean up my mess and also changed my passwords and then went into my bank and changed that as well... omg.. I'm sick..

Also bought a program from Microsoft for Protection Service for a year that cost 149 but for what I just went through it's worth every penny...and if I need help I just call in no service charge...

Now did I tell you hubby is on his way.. he tried to call me and all I could tell him.. I'm hacked...have to take care of this I'll talk to you when you are here..in the meantime I'm so behind I'm forward...

With that I'm gonna tell ya... I need a DRINK...and for those traveling Stay Safe and Lord please Bless Us All...

1 comment:

  1. So sorry about your putter! It's a mess with all this technology I love! I got a text and call this week from one of my credit cards regarding fraudulent charges! Like you,never click on links or open unknown emails??? Nothing safe anymore, so sad! Happy for you that Robert is coming and puppies too! Best Valentines ever. Just gotta teach Ms. Shug to help you get those puppies trained and in line! Enjoy your time this week. Take care, Linda.

    ReplyDelete