Thursday, June 6, 2013

The Day The Rains Came On Thursday

The Day the Rains Came on Thursday...I'll say... more like Tropical Depression Andrea..( you know I always liked that name ..but I don't know)...

Morning started for me at 4am as I heard the rain hitting on my roof..(living in a double wide you hear it all ) and it wasn't soothing as I always use to say when I was traveling in my Rig...that always put me to sleep..what  did I know I mean did I realize that although the sound of the pitter patter seemed enjoyable that there is always the howling of those twisted winds that can come along with it..YIKES...See when you're young you don't think about things like that ..but now I'm an OLD LADY WHOOOOOO...forget about it !!!!

Anyway...night before I watched intensely as the news casters talked about the up and coming Tropical Depression..and it went on and on..OMG.. I was gonna have a nightmare I just knew it..could I ever get to sleep...knowing how I handle storms.. I'm a trip to begin with...I think as bad as my knees are I could out move a track star LOL..hahahaha

I finally fell off to sleep about 2am and was back up at 4am..I know this is going to be a long, long, long day...but I'm ready for it..so I walked into the living room got in my favorite position.(on the couch) turned on the TV and listened again how this storm was progressing...bitting what use to be nails now is skin..ugh..

I then thought about my hanging pots which were still up..I better go out and put them down on the ground..so out I went ..turned on my outside light as it was still dark and raining..and took them all down..(only 6)..then came back in the house and Zeke was looking at me..

I told him, "Zeke, it's your turn next..you'll have to grin and bare the rain...I've got plenty of towels"...like he knew and what a good boy he was..out he went and even closed his eyes..hahaha..but loved the drying time..Ms Reba was still in bed no way was she getting up and I can't say I blame her..

Later on the rains came harder and harder..not too much wind but we lost satellite and I was so glad I had downloaded those apps on my Iphone cause they came in handy to let me know how the storm was going and where..even the tornado thingy worked although when it gave me that message OUCH..where in the world do I go ???????

All day I sat glued to the TV and Iphone..sent hubby a text to let him know what was happening and also that to contact me by cell phone..Yes, I was a bundle of nerves..nothing like not knowing where to go ????

Those news people can do a number on ya..and I do mean a number..every event was a major issue..but I can understand cause you can't take these things lightly.. I know I won't or don't..

The day went on and on and I finally leaned back on the couch and just said a quick pray and me Zeke, Reba and even Shug took a few winks..yeah Ms Shug was on the pillow and when I woke up she was still there..she wasn't gonna move thank you !!!

As I looked out my window I saw my neighbors roof..the gutters ..and it looked like the tree limb hit it..so I called her up... felt bad too..cause I was sure hoping we'd all have no issues...

Now it's still a Topical Depression till tomorrow morning at 6:30am..and hope and pray no surprises and from what the news says.."We'll have more rain"..

I am tired from being tired and now I'm needing my brain to rest ...so with that I'll say.."Those traveling Stay Safe and as always ..God Bless Us All ".

No comments:

Post a Comment