Thursday, April 26, 2012

A Winning Thursday

A Winning Thursday in more ways that one :)...This was the Doctor Visit Day..the DVD..and boy was it a gooder..(Pa Dutch expression).

MOrning I was in a mad rush..Trash Day..(ugh) and then get Critters done, Flowers watered, Birds Fed and Me..(always last)...and all before I had to leave for the Doctor Visit..oh and make sure I bring my meds..(that's something they do here with some of the doctors...pain in the butt) and also bring a list of the meds I needed to get refilled...(remember CVS messed my meds up).

Well, Ms Reba was in fine tune too !!!!...She came out of the bedroom complaining she was hungry...OK, I'm ready to feed all..and she even raced into the room..so I knew things were looking a lot better...

Even saw (found out what this beautiful bird was ) a Flicker (type of Woodpecker)..He had a cream color chest with a bright orange triangle underneath his neck..sort of like he was dressed...had a dark brown head and looked like yellow bill (beak) the wings were sort of brownish with white stripes and I think his back was kind of speckled not sure on that as he flew strangely...leaving the feeder...Well this morning he was back..sure hope he comes back...these passing through birds are amazing...

So after I got my chores done I went to the Doc..got my check up and he gave me my report to head back home with.. my A1C was 5.8 (wonderful) and my cholesterol was 154, my tri's were under 100 and my LDL was 73...Holy Cow !!  oh, and I lost 6 lbs..don't know where but it's not with me...

I told the Doc, " it's from watching Biggest Loser..hahaha..I work it off watching...any way he was tickled pink and had a big grin...asked me what I've been eating....Now here's where he looked surprised.."Doc." I said..."I'm eating my pasta and bread made with good tomatoes from my family's village and just keeping things in moderation...and in fact tonight I'm a gonna have a steak "...He laughed...cause I was talking in Italian to him..

His mother went to the same High School as I and he thinks we graduated the same year..now ain't that a small world...Yep, he's a New Yorker and Italian as well...and he and I do have our spats..every now and then...I tell him, "That's to keep him on his toes"..!!

Ms Reba tonight ate a big dinner..(well bigger than she has been) and ate every bit of it...Thank you, Lord.  I sure was worried as being her age and just losing Joe...I get knees knocking.

Watched American Idol and I have to say," Those judges (not happy with them) do show their favorites...Now Josh did one song pretty good..but I don't think every time he sings a standing ovation is needed...Hope the people watching check that one out..

Tonight will be American Idol to see who gets voted off...Sure hope it's not Elise...but she's been in the bottom 3 often...and poor Holly..I like her too...but who knows...

I'm gonna try and get to bed early but I still have to give meds at 10pm...but at least I'll be ready for Lights out !

So that's my kind of day today...Oh, and I did stop at Publix...how could I not...I pass it on the way home..(well, kinda sorta)...and picked up a few things ...no goodies..I'm being really good...well a little bit a good...I have my Nutella and Nilla wafers...make good sandwich cookies...LOL..

Safe travels all and as always...God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment