Sunday, April 29, 2012

A Pot of Gravy made on Sunday :)

A Pot of Gravy made on Sunday :) Keeping in the tradition of my heritage I couldn't help myself...I could hear the mandolins playing...and out came the 6lb 7oz can of Italian Peeled Plum Tomatoes...

These are special tomatoes that come near the region from which my people came from...and it's been a staple in our house that on Sunday was "Gravy" (sauce) day..and so I followed Mamma's directions..even with the White Porcelain pot and wooden spoon...'O Sole Mio, yes I was humming that tune as I stirred the gravy..and boy was it good !!!

Morning was very calm and Ms Reba is almost up to full speed, thank goodness...I was surprised she was up early too...seems she comes out hungry...and demanding her little treat...that's fine with me and with the other Critters as well...They get their pills in a pill pocket which taste mighty fine according to Ms Reba....hahaha..

Haven't seen that Rose Breasted Grosbeak, but I'm watching every chance I get...the view is neat in the morning as all the birds come to the feeder..yep, they have a system and seem to be watching when those Doves move out...boy they can sit a spell...so I just open the door and the sound sends them in flight...they make a big circle and come back but gives the little ones...Chic a dees a chance to get a few goodies..

The day was really nice and I took it in...mainly just making up my list for all that has to get done and making sure I wrote up all my appointments for the coming week..

Abby has a vet appointment on the 1st of May which is Tuesday for her blood work ..checking her liver as the meds she has to take for her hips is pretty rough..but sure helps her get around.. Zeke won't get his EKG till we get back in Pa ..I have to call the hospital and make that appointment so I'll do that first thing tomorrow morning.

Not too much on tonight other than Celebrity Apprentice..not sure if I can watch it..as it gets a little nasty for my liking...might have to see what I can stream through Netflix...or check my Hallmark movies...now those are always neat...

I watched QVC today and I was good !!!  I did not order anything although I had itchy fingers but I'm gonna start getting my "stuff" ready for heading home with will be the end of June..and it takes me that long to get things together...will also have to go over to the motor home and start her up ..let her run a bit...

I'm having made up a picture of my sister Alice with the blanket I made for her...gonna put that on my dresser...from time to time I keep thinking of her and how her life had such a horrible turn...but out of something sad has come something wonderful.. My niece Theresa and I have been getting closer...I know my sister would be very happy about that...and maybe slowly the other nieces will grow up and stop the bitter feuding and all get along...now that might take a miracle..but ya just never know..

I'm slowly getting rid of this heavy feeling that's been gnawing at me...so much has happened to me since I came down to Florida last Oct...it's been one thing after another....closing one door and opening another...just like those pages that keep turning...

Safe journey to those that are traveling and as always...God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment