Saturday, April 7, 2012

A Sort of Quiet Saturday

A Sort of Quiet Saturday for me...My mornings are always busy..I mean with the routine of getting Critters fed, clean up patio, water plants and feed the birds..yeah it kind of goes like that with some days a little detour...

Today I was sort of on the quiet side as I thought a lot about my Sister..for her just recently passing and this being the Easter Holiday ...it kind of brought back some memories of how my Sister always enjoyed this time..She with her 6 daughters, getting them all their dresses for church and mind you back in the 50's they seem to always wanna dress the girls in the same dress...I remember going with her to the stores during the weeks prior..OMG...she'd drive me bonkers..I then a young kid myself..who in the world would wanna go to store after store after store (you get the picture )...then finding something she really liked in all the sizes...I'd always say, "Why do they have to match, they ain't twins"..she'd look at me and just smile..never saying anything but she got her way...I mean my Big Sis was Mamma's favorite..how dare I challenge...but I must say.."Those kids looked fantastic"..and so did my Sister cause when it came to her outfit...Holy Hannah she had unreal taste and looked dynamite !!  

As for me I was more "Tom boy" type and hated all that crap..dresses and all that junk that went with it... I mean just give me a good pair of dungarees...hahaha..and I was happy...(we didn't say, Jeans" back then)..

It kind of brought some heavy feelings in my heart as I thought about all this.. Yes, I am missing my Sister and I will especially around those special days when she'd be at her utmost best..Don't even wanna go there about the wrapping paper and bows and ribbons..OMG..she could have and should have been a decorator...Style was her thing ...

Well as I was thinking about all this stuff I was looking out my window and low and behold I saw the Easter Bunny..(Clancy) heading over to Betsy's petrified tree (a good laugh Betsy) and with his bag of goodies..Yes, he decorated that tree again with really pretty eggs hanging ..all the colors of the rainbow...and darn it my camera was not around...I wish I could have caught him in action...He just loves doing this..and when Betsy opened her door..."Surprise"..yep, she called me ..and I did tell her..This time it was not only Clancy..but hit Kitty Kat..along with him...Nice job Clancy !!!

So that's pretty much my day and going into the night I'm gonna send out my Email Cards to wish all a Happy Easter...in fact my friend Carol called me yesterday and wished me Happy Easter and I wish her Happy Passover..it's a thing with Carol and I... and we laugh..She's from the Bronx, and me from Brooklyn..now ya know we have some good conversations...she's a HOOT!!!

Now I'm gonna lean back and look over some email and then just check and see what's on Netflix...oh I think I saw something about the Ten Commandments.. I can always watch that .. I mean I really enjoy that movie...and look how many people were employed..Oh my !!!  Did I just turn that into a political statement..NAH....(wanna bet)

Have a great day and to all ...God Bless....

No comments:

Post a Comment