Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Here it is Wednesday and Ms Reba still not well

Here it is Wednesday and Ms Reba still not well...I've been close by her side and keeping calm...although I could jump out of my skin...Up very early this morning again and sat in my chair doing up Dish Rags to keep me busy...not that I don't have other things to do..but it seems that keep me calm..

Ms Reba slept till almost 8am...and I have to tell you I went in and checked on her several times..to make sure she was breathing...I know it's awful but she's gonna be 16 and really giving me the "willies".

She ate a little bit of chicken for breakfast and that was it..but she did have a pill pocket..she has always loved them as I put the pills for the Critters and Heart Worm in them.. so I gave her a little bit in with her food.. and she drank a little water..but really not that much ..but a little is better than nothing..

Later in the day I was having some rice pudding and yep she wanted a little so I figured (against my better thoughts) I gave her some...Wrong move cause she got sick.. Crappola..and all that she had was no longer in her system...

Ok Ms Reba, what's going on with you..???  No temp but not really moving much...I'll see how she goes later on...then came dinner time and she had a little bit of chicken with some rice and veggies...(yes, I was at the rice fields today) and so far that stayed down...

As she and I watched American Idol I thought I'd give her just a little bit of chicken..cut up in small pieces and with a little bit of that pill pocket...she did take that ...so I'm praying that if I just feed her a little small meals several times a day and  make sure she can keep it down...if not..She'll go to the Vets..

These small dogs can shut down quickly...I'll give her a little bit of fluids  so she won't dehydrate..and I can give her some pedialytes...and keep an eye on her temp..None of the others have any symtoms and hopefully this is just a little stomach bug....

Funny how your mind travels quickly to the "Horrors"...guess it's a normal reaction..and it's too soon after Joesph...I'm still not over him..don't think I ever will..and Ms Reba, well she and Joesph were two peas in a pod.

I just took a look over and Ms Reba is curled in her spot and soon I'll be right next to her...She's really a sweetie..kind of like one of a kind..more like Ms Personality...but aren't they all to us..I mean all our Fur Kids are "Special".

I always think how very fortunate to have them as they keep me going...and I do mean that..as I'd be terribly lonely ....So I do count my blessings...

Paulette and Liz, thank you so much for your kind thoughts..it's so very much appreciated.....

Now I'm gonna lay me down and thank the Good Lord for these precious gifts.

Safe travels to all and always God's Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment