Monday, April 23, 2012

Monday, Monday, Monday !

Monday, Monday, Monday !  Going no where but heading some place.....My day begun actually from last night..as Ms Reba had such a bout with the dreadful "Ds"...and I mean I'm spent..not on sales either ..but more like down on my luck/knees...oy !!!

I had got a call last night from my friend John (of the fighting J & J team) and he asked how Ms Reba was..when I told him he said, "hang on and I'll call you back"..next thing I heard the phone ring and it was John telling me to meet him up at the front gate and he was bringing me some meds for Ms Reba...FANTASTIC...cause my cubbard was barren.

So I hopped in my car at 9:30pm and drove up to the gate...and got meds for Ms Reba..came back and popped her a half tab of SMZTMP..to stop the dreadful D's...and I have to say..."it some what worked a bit"..however the next morning....Well another story but there is some light to the dark shadows.

Morning came and I'm still awake..Yes, I've been up and down in and out most of the night and now I'm cleaning the area and get an early morning call from the other partner of J &J fighting team...Jane is going to stop by the Vet's office and pick me up some liquid SMZTMP..

Sure enough around 10am I gave Ms Reba 3 cc's of this "Stuff"..and also popped in some NutraCal...as that always helps with the off balance of the electrolytes..

She is eating small amounts of what ever she likes..but even another surprise..Vanilla Wafers..yes, you're reading right..I was having one with my coffee and Ms Reba was barking at me..(giving me orders) she wanted it..I gave her a small piece and she gobbled it down..so again my brain storm came upon me..and yep, I grated it like powder and also her dry food and mixed together and YEPPERS>.she ate the whole thing..

Notice it's what ever it takes to get her back on track..still no temp and no longer upset stomach..now it's getting rid of the two step as we call it...and I'll give this med a try ..

Most of the day she hasn't had any problem so far so good..and is eating weird food but again..What ever it takes...I was suppose to attend a B. O. D meeting today but with Reba not on track I wasn't going any where.

I did call the Vet's office to get an appointment and they are booked solid..if I want I can come in early and sit and wait and see if there is a way to squeeze us in...that I'm not too keen on..as she's doing ok ..and if someone comes in with a real sick pup...we is in big trouble...so I'll see how the next two days go.

Of course we are now having a temp drop..down to 43..so Ms Reba will not be going out..I'll set up her pen inside ..good things she's a small one..and of course I get the jitters..hate these things..but her pep is good and she's not showing any other signs...so play this one out a bit.

She's drinking water and eating small amounts several times a day.. You sometimes have to play Doc/Nurse..as long as all the other signs are good..and remembering her age is another key factor...only Mom here is ready for the rubber room...

Gave everyone their night meds and mine included..I sure hope we all get a good night sleep...we all (me especially) need it...and keep that positive vibe going strong...

I can't tell you about most the day cause I don't think I even saw it..I mean my head was just filled with..."What if's "  ..No matter how many years I've shown, breed dogs and horses..I'm still never second guessing..and I keep track of everything.. I write it down so I don't go..."Did she or didn't she"..."What did she eat and how much".. I know it sounds goofy..but ya know when you're asked questions..it's kind of good to know how things happened..and what improvement was shown...just a little tip I learned the hard way.

Now I'm in need of sleep...and I see Ms Reba is in her spot..hopefully for the night...Zeke is already down for the count and Ms Abby is in her Donut bed...I'll listen to the news and then say my prayers and thank the Good Lord I made it through another day...

Safe Journey to all traveling and above all...God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment