Saturday, April 28, 2012

A Calming Saturday

A Calming Saturday...isn't it always after the storm..but for me it was more a "Chill out " kind of day.. Ms Reba is coming along much better and getting more and more like herself...and that for me was a "take the edge out of my life" ...yeah these Critters can sure turn me Topsy turfy.. boy that's an old saying :)

Got up before the crack of dawn and just meandered into the kitchen..Ms Abby has been laying on the kitchen floor just between the hall way..and she knows when I come stumbling through not to move..in fact all my big ones know that routine..

Put my coffee pot on and unloaded the dishwasher ..got the meds ready for the crew and me, of course..we're a family that has our meds all together..nothing like harmony...

Then came daylight and Ms Reba came into the kitchen just a complaining..guess she had a good dream about dinner..cause she was hungry...and of course once the bugle has sounded the team joins in...Isn't it wonderful being my neighbor  LOL..Nah, it's just shear music to all that can tune in..but my thoughts would be..."I'm glad I don't live in that house " ! 

Last night I watched the Under Cover Boss and it was a hometown number too.. I mean the Philly Pretzel..and they are the best !!..it left me with tears..boy how those people really worked hard and struggled..and yes, that "Boss" had a heart..which I've always felt what makes those small companies survive is treating the people that work for you "Like people".. it was always my motto when I started my company..coming from a major fortune 500 company ..and being just a number that MUST produce or you're history.. and there was always that..."Be on your toes as someone was always after your job"...yikes how did I ever stand it for over 22 years...but sure did teach me a lot...for that I've forever grateful.

Another opener...I wrote about the bird I saw on a Nature forum..as I figured my vast knowledge on birds was getting me no where but my curiosity was driving me bonkers...so I put it to words.. Yes, I got my answer and plenty too..How nice to know that being a stranger in this topic I was not ignored...and I didn't have to plead either...everyone was so willing to share their knowledge..(something wonderful about the Internet) so I'll get to the chase....

This gorgeous bird is known as a Rose Breasted Grosbeak  and it was a young one..so it was also a First Spring Male..which is a little different in markings..for the head was that Chocolate Brown instead of Black.. I had to go look it up.. but someone did post a picture but it was of the older male..and I was also informed that I was really lucky to get a glimpse of him...I'll say... he was magnificent in color ..so alert and the size of a Cardinal....

Yes, I'm enjoying these birds and how my feeder is bringing in some interesting sites..and how some will get along and others (like the Doves) tend to wana dominate the territory...that's when I open the door and they all fly away....and I still believe (talking with some bird people) that my Big Red comes to my window to let me know ..."The feeder is bare"...LOL  in other words he's saying.."Hey, old lady we're hungry, get them fiddles going"..hahaha...

Not too much planned for the evening..watched a movie (Hallmark) and I always like those..very simple movies with happy endings...Don't we wish it was the same in the "Real World"...

My pages are turning and I'm getting another day ready..Planning ahead for Sunday's madness..QVC..in the Kitchen with David...hahaha..he's a trip to watch and ya know there's always rooms for another gadget...!

Safe travels to all and always...God's Blessing too !

No comments:

Post a Comment