Friday, December 31, 2010

Friday... The Morning of New Years Eve Day...




Friday...The Morning of New Years Eve Day...and in one mouthful... Goodness it's the last day of the YEAR... Where did it go ?...wait, if I think a few minutes I think I can back into it...but better yet, Let's get on with the NEW YEAR.

I pray that all my friends and family have a better beginning...Out with the Old and in with the NEW...have to think positive. For starters ...it's warmer here in Sunny Florida...like right now it's 64 and climbing..see where beginning to get some what better.

I have no plans for tonight ...other than watch a good movie ...chat with hubby on the phone and have my critters around me so I can tell them..Happy New Year and let's tuck in. :)

I have my Pork thawing out as tomorrow for the Good Luck (as the story goes) I have Pork and Sauerkraut..(yeah I hear ya..."What's an Italian doing having that" ) Hey, I take my chances and go with the tradition...Pork and Sauerkraut and a pot of Black eyed peas..a pan of Cornbread. Now that part is for my hubby...his tradition ...gotta grab it from everywhere...and what ever works best.

Of course you do know that most of my cooking with one exception is in the .."Crock Pot"... It cuts my work load and  in my retired years are becoming "True to my word"...never gonna bust my (you know whats) ..Enjoy the lifestyle while I can.

Oh, I didn't get to tell the story of my visit with "J"..(the fighting J's) well, truth be known she didn't show up...something went a muck...the usual fight began and I just said, "Ya better stay home"...so we'll have our visit next week when they will be calmed down..(hopefully).

I think they actually thrive on their attacks...guess that's what keeps them tickin'...wow...they are the 4th of July and New Years  Eve in one blast...Wears me out..

Today, I let my plants breath in the warmth...I could hear them as I walked away..."Finally thank the Good Lord"... I sure hope they survive...and as for me...I'm gonna step outside and feel that sun...(only a few minutes) and then go get my mail...Haven't been over there (mailbox) for a few days...Might get a few surprises...????

Okie dokie...heading into the kitchen and check what I can get into...think I'm gonna make a special fritatta....(pssst...Jimmy Dean's Skillets works for me)

Later folks....

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year Lady!!!! Love ya

    FYI, my 2 fave things in the kitchen are my crockpot and my electric skillet, The joys of one pot cooking is endless. LOL

    ReplyDelete