Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve Day !


Christmas Eve Day !....Today it is the beginning of Christmas.. I mean it's the day of the Eve of Christmas... I remember as a kid we use to celebrate big time...it was a huge turn out of Italians..lots of cooking going on and of course Momma had the Bakala..soaking from a couple of days ago...getting rid of all that salt..as it was dried Bakala..(Italian Fish..Dried Cod)..oh Lordy and we had a big bowl of Milk..yes, Milk to soak that baby in...but once it was done it's soaking...it went into a salad...it was one of the "Fishies" that was transformed for the Dinner of the 7 fish ..for Christmas Eve...there was NO MEAT..until after Midnight mass...just think .. we fasted, feasted went to church and feasted some more...Lord Help US... I wonder what the Food Detectives would say about that...

Yes,  the fish was fried ...boiled ...broiled and even baked and it represented the Apostles and we chowed down...burped got up and laid down .. got back up went to Midnight mass and then came home and had a Frittata..for later in the day we would have Lasagna...omg...How did I survive....

Today Diane (my housekeeper) came over with her bag of goodies..Yes, she made me Christmas cookies...(she's always whipping up something for me) and then even brought me over Chicken and Biscuits for lunch...that was part of my Christmas gift...and of course there is a box for me to open for tomorrow... I had already dropped her gift off for her and Bob and in a couple of days I'll bring over Bob's birthday card too...

The rest of the day I kind of just lagged around ..just thinking of my family ...got a call later on from my niece..the floral piece I ordered for her table arrived and she was thrilled...and she told me how my sister was doing...so things have started to look a little on the bright side..

I've gotten several invitations for dinner tomorrow ..but I'll be staying home and having dinner with my hubby on the phone...When we're apart on holidays we usually sit on the phone and take a bite in between our chat..Some people look at me like  "What"..yeah me and hubby have been doing this for a long time since we've had to do most of our work on the road..

He'll be coming down in January ...only a few weeks away so we'll have our Holiday then...but I still feel strange going out with out him..and this way too..I'm also here with the Critters and talk about getting bent out of shape..OH YEAH..they can snub...:)

Tonight I'll watch my favorite movie..A Christmas Carol.....I have the CD as I like the certain one with Alister Sims..(think that's how ya spell his name)..then of course tomorrow will be White Christmas..now ya know I can't miss Bells of St. Mary... and all those other good ones that follow...it's sort of a trilogy...Going my way... yep, it will be a good day tomorrow..

My Blessings are I'm still here.. Have a great family and have a good husband, who puts up with me...and some very close friends...even some that are just email friends..it's time to let them know how much I do appreciate all those wonderful kind words...

So my Christmas wish to all of YOU..Thank you for being there and May God Bless YOU ALL...

No comments:

Post a Comment