Sunday, December 19, 2010

It is Sunday and I'm glad it's almost over !

It is Sunday and I'm glad it's almost over !...began gloomy and chilly...nothing bright to look forward to...made it almost through the day without a hitch..well almost...

Started off with giving Clancy a call...and hearing that Elsie was not doing well..She's having problems breathing...Even with the Oxygen which is  turned up...had to have the Nurse in last night and today...oh my, I hated hearing that...She's also not eating much or drinking... I suggested to Clancy perhaps have the nurse put a face mask instead of those prong type nose grips..that usually wind up burning your nose...and maybe possible having a feeding tube...as I sure don't want to think Elsie is not getting any nourishment...it's getting very hard now... I can hear it in Clancy's voice...  

Christmas will be hear soon Elsie...I pray the Lord will reach his hand out to you so you can go home...I pray your suffering will be over...no more pain my dear friend...

I hung up from Clancy and just closed my eyes and just prayed it would be easy for Clancy as well...He's getting very tired. He did say, "Elsie was becoming frightened when he leaves the room"..so he's staying close by her side.. Very hard to even write about...

Later on that evening as I was talking on the phone to Diane...our lights went out and we lost all power..phone too.. Had to go out in the car port and attempt to get a signal on the cell phone...now that was such a pain..finally got a hold of my other friend Carol and had her call the power company...

She lives in Phase 2 of our community, while I'm in phase 1...She calls me back on the cell...and tells me "Someone hit the pole and all power to phase 1 is completely out".. the first thought that came to my mind was Elsie..her oxygen... but thank goodness those units have a battery back up... only thing I could think of to do.. was get the Motor Home bring it over and run the Genny...Lord I was a wreck.

We were only about 30 minutes or so without power...but it always seems like forever...So as I run to find a candle..as it seems it was getting dark in the house I open the draw there are two candles...but no matches..Why?  cause I don't smoke and everything in the house is electric....HA!

I then realize... "Hey, I've got a package in from QVC (my favorite goodie) and in it is Flame less Candles...(smart buy) and Yes, I even have batteries...mmm well this is some one's Christmas present ..but they won't mind...beside I'm mad at them..so they may not get it any way...(did I say that >)?...hahaha..

Well, the dang thing worked and it's still working ..so ....so much for flame less candles...and even has a hint of vanilla..oh man that sure smells good....

Now, I'm wiped out and stressed out...so before I go to bed I'll cover my plants again as it's suppose to get down to 35 tonight..OH NO !!!  I thought we'd start getting back to somethin' normal..but NOT ...ok...I'm done and I need to hit that bed...

Vacuuming tomorrow..oh you know I hate that job...and maybe just maybe I'll get the rest of my laundry done...and my plants thaw out..

Tucking in ....!

1 comment:

  1. Wow!! So tickled you found my blog and now I've found yours (and the new forum - entered my registration a minute ago).

    ReplyDelete