Saturday, January 1, 2011

Saturday..New Years Day...but it's evening :)

Saturday ...New Years Day...but it's evening :)... Well, I had a great day...did only a few things that had to be done ...Chatted with several of my friends to let them know I was thinking of them and of course shared some good stories as well as "Goodies".

Tomorrow I'll have a visit from the phone company as my service went out yesterday for several hours and even had to get in a "War Game" to get someone to come out.... I on my cell phone standing in my carport constantly losing signal had to call my girlfriend Carol ( from the Bronx) and she called our cable company..Yes, I have a digital phone through the Cable company..."BrightHouse"...but I have to tell ya...there wasn't anything "Bright" about them..in fact they were rather rude.

Told me there would be no way they could send someone out to get my phone up and running as it was "a holiday" and no service man was available.."  Now I ask ya..."How do they get away with this"... I mean ..I'm first of all a "heart patient" plus semi handicapped and only have a cell phone that only works in one spot outside...

The rep on the phone was just not giving a crap... He just kept repeating himself saying, "We'll send someone out Monday"...Oh sure you will... and I then said..."Your company is not going to get away with this...I can not be without a phone I have heart problems and if I need to call for help I won't be able "  He then said, "use your cell phone"... I saw red...

So I got my girlfriend Carol...who's one tough cookie and a native New Yorker..that worked for the City...do I need to say any more...She loved the action...and action it was...She tore into them... I can only imagine..and next thing I knew I had the service guys calling me on my cell phone... and a few hours later 2 service men showed up..

I can not believe how they didn't give a rats patoonie (yep that word again) and I couldn't get through as I kept loosing connecion...but I knew they had to come out... They can not let you go with out phone service...I remember that from when I worked for ATT in my young days (high school and college) especially if someone has health issues...but I'm gonna find out more from FCC commission...

I do have BrightHouse coming tomorrow to attempt to fix the main connections some where on the property..this should be interesting...but I do intend to change service too...check other phone providers in the area...I ain't a done yet !

So that was my New Years Eve fireworks...but today it was smooth...phone is still working ...Internet is very slow..but can't have it all...

I'm telling ya...I know 2011 is gonna be great...I've got lots of changes in the happening...but most of all...First and foremost...I haven't lost my humor..

I know the good Lord was looking down on me and those two techs were like angels..both guys were very apologetic and did what they could to help me .

Tomorrow is another day...Can't wait...I tell ya...everyday with me is a "New Adventure"...


Pssst Carol.....Thanks Bunches..!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Zeee

    Glad your friend got some action on your phone line troubles. Hope they can get everything fixed and running smoothly for you tomorrow.

    Hope you are staying warm. We had a high of 24' low of 17' today. Tomorrow more of the same.

    ReplyDelete