Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Tuesday...freezing in the Tropics ?????

Tuesday...freezing in the Tropics ?????... Yes, it is and will be tomorrow too..like going down to 28...WHAT !!!!

It seems like I've played this tune before, like last year...it was bitter cold and these heat pumps just don't cut the mustard ...Electric blankets should sell out...and heaters I'm sure they'll not be many on a shelf.  I did manage to buy last year an oil filled radiator heater that works great.

Morning for me was hectic...Bob, my handy man came over and picked up one of the living room lamps to fix.. Zeke knocked it over and all the inners fell out .. That had happened when one of the young kids was blowing the leaves from away the front and he got to close to the windows...and the rest was history... I think he won't do that again...not by my house anyway...

So, the lamp didn't break (amazingly) but I need the inners repaired..LOL  sounds like it's a bird...hahaha.. Bob is an excellent fixer upper..No matter what it is..it's like a challenge to him and also Diane...They are perfectly matched .. they love re doing homes and making neat pieces of furniture. I just love them two... and yes, they still have their home up for sale..although today when they came over ...I asked Diane as she was bundled to the max ...
"Diane are you cold" >? ...her reply..."I'm freezing my tail feathers off"... and of course I couldn't resist..."And you want to move back up North to the bitter cold and Snow"...enough said... Hoping she'll change her mind..maybe..can that be my Christmas wish too ..????

This afternoon I was getting ready to go sit with Elsie and Clancy called...said, "Elsie wasn't having a good day today, she was very anxious"  so he decided to stay close by her... I understood, as I know these ups and downs are the hard part... but I sure pray she has more ups than downs.

Speaking of ups and downs...my Joe, who seems like on his last leg has done another turn around...and that's a good thing...I'll take every day I can...He's even been more attentive...and he'll be 15 in January...maybe he'll be like a cat with 9 lives...

I just looked over at the crew..yes, electric blanket is on and yes, they are in their spots..only problem I have to find mine..it's somewhere in there...

Tomorrow I've got 3 crock pots gonna be going... Getting my soups and barbq done up so I can freeze it...and then I need to start on cookies...I can't put off what I need to get done...While the energy level is on the high side...

Heard the sad news on TV about Elizabeth Edwards...She was a strong woman and such a graceful lady at that...She sure endured more than one person could imagine..such a hard time losing her son and then the nonsense with her husband...on top of having Breast Cancer...dealing with the press..a constant reminder...Well, she's now in the arms of the Lord...May you rest in peace !

I'm getting sleepy and chilly so time for me to make a nose dive under covers myself...already made my list for tomorrow...and the fun begins...keeping busy helps me...I don't have time to ponder on what's happening around me...There is always an adventure for me...some days I look for it and others it just comes upon me.

May God Bless and Keep everyone Safe and Warm !





1 comment:

  1. Barbzee...sorry you did not get time with Elsie today. Sure hope you can go there tomorrow. What all are you cooking in the crock pots. I use mine all the time and always looking for recipes to try.

    Hope you stay warm. It is in the high 40's here today during the day and supposed to be in the high 30's for the night. We stay pretty warm in our motor home though one of our heaters seems to have bit the dust. We unplugged it and will leave it off for a few days and see if that is all it needs.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete