Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Tooting Tuesday is here and it's still FREEZING

Tooting Tuesday is here and it's still FREEZING !...Yes indeedy... I even went back to bed this morning..(something I don't do often)  had a difficult night last night...As I had to take Joe to the Vets...he started passing blood... So I gathered him up and called the local vet in town...

He's a soft spoken vet...very small type office but everyone there was very kind and caring..even had two big ole cats that were of the curious nature no matter what you tried to do to avoid them..they took NO for an answer...let me tell ya.. I was glad it was Joe with me and not Zeke..oh yeah...I'd hate to have said,  "Was this your favorite kitty">>?  oh my stars !.

Any way, Joe didn't have a temp but seeing him pass blood and I didn't have any batril to put him on..best thing was to get him to the Vets.. Of course with the temps being so outrageously cold my poor little ole guy can't handle it well... Now he's not had his PJ's off in several days..and I try to make sure he's warm..being a hairless dawg doesn't help matters either...

Came back home and he and I tucked into the couch and before long Reba popped in and so did the others...it became crowded... Joe's appetite is still good and he was wanting his apples and cookies...so I felt better knowing I have an Emergency Vet that cares and available..

My Vet (Saul) faxed down Joe's records to him..which I was so glad ..this way this Vet didn't have to rely on my memory...cause at that point it wasn't with me... I worry and then I can't get my brain to get into gear...

So this morning it was again another winter blast and I'm tellin ya those Critters went out and came in fast...that's when I decided...it's too cold to think and me and Joe could use some more down time....:)

Again it will be soup..I think by the time I head back North..I won't want to see any kind of soup...and of course I've got some good bread...OH, that bread came out great...gave half to my girlfriend seemed her timing was impeccable...yep, right as it came out of the oven...crunchy and the aroma was heavenly...We dunked and slurped...oh yeah...

Only thing with this bread it takes so long to rest and rise...but it's well worth it...it's a very wet dough..tasty and goooooood...:)  So that's for lunch today..soup and dunkin bread ...

Got my Artisan Bread book in also ...I'll check out the pages and perhaps I'll make a few more loaves of something simple.. I like the idea you make the dough ...no kneading and you just leave it in the frig..and pinch off a batch.. Kind of remember Momma used to do that from the dry sink we had.. it had a Mother dough (as it was called then) and she'd pinch off some of it..and add flour and knead and knead and knead...the she's pop in several loaves of bread and bake...omg...

The dough in the dry sink had like a cheese cloth that covered it and she'd add to it every so often...that was her routine..every so many days she's have bread baking... We didn't buy bread until I was in high school... and that took some time getting use to that spongy type bread .. wasn't use too.

Alrighty I need to move a little .. as that will warm me up... maybe just maybe I'll vacuum...oh I hear that Oreck coughing....and have to order bags too..

Later ......

No comments:

Post a Comment