Thursday, December 30, 2010

Thirsty Thursday...I'll say !

Thirsty Thursday...I'll say !... Got up this morning wee early and decided I was gonna get that bread in the oven...Remember I said,  " I was making bread"...well I did...but it was in a bucket...LOL  I even took pictures... a few didn't turn out great... (the pictures that is) but I'm gonna post them so you can see I wasn't fibbin'....

The bread was simple to make...even for this person...but because I've made bread the long drawn out way...I kind of was a little bit iffy... I mean mixing dough in a bucket with a spoon ???? yeah that's what I did...and then when it was all together ...like 5 minutes..of hard moving spoon around... I covered it with a lid sat it on the stove and let it sit for 2 hours..then put it in the frig.. I worried...and worried...but it managed...

This morning I popped two loaves into the oven...and yep...it came out good... I'd like my crust a little darker...but I'll work on it..hahaha..

So here's my shots and now I'm off to the Crock pot...yeppers that dang Crock pots gonna sing today...

Later...enjoy the bread..oh it was good with (butter) sshhhhh!





Dough resting in frig :)

















Dough in bucket ready to be picked :)













Splash with a little flour before cloaking..LOL yeah new word for me... means making into a dough ball or round bread and tucking the dough :)







Here is the bread baked..and sliced...

It's good !







Pssssst don't tell any one but my pictures of it baking on the stone didn't come out...so you'll have to catch it again next time...and there will be a next time...this is just so easy....aaaaaah good bread with good crust...Ooo la la

Later......

2 comments:

  1. That looks yummy...now I just need to find a recipe for whole grain bread that I can do in the convection that is easy. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trying to read and follow along. Not every day but often.

    Enjoy the chuckles you give me!

    Love ya Lady

    ReplyDelete