Monday, December 6, 2010

Monday Brrrrrrrrr!

Monday Brrrrrrrr!... It was so cold here  in this sunny Florida region that I thought I was back up NORTH....the wind went right through ya..in fact I'm waiting for snow. Yes, you got it..SNOW..it happened the same way last year and here we are on a repeat...

Today I did a quick run though the house got the Critters fed breakfast and I hit the open road...did a trip to the Post Office...neat one in town here and the Postal workers are ever so friendly..Yes, I had to promise them cookies..when I get to make them !!!

Went to my favorite Winn Dixie ( I did tell you I love these names) and got a quick list together and wham bam thankya ma'm I was out of there...got all my things I needed...I was so proud of myself and hurried back to the house...when I pulled in the driveway the Cardinals were at the feeder and ya know what...they never moved...I sat in the car (with the heater running) and watched..as I got out they still stood there...guess it might be my ole crew coming back  (ya think?)

I sat back and watched the rest of the feeding crew taking in their pecking order...and then I got a call from Clancy... was happy to hear Elsie was having some good day and he asked " would I come tomorrow and sit with her for a few hours".....I'm just happy to help in any way I can..

I did talk with their daughter as she is staying with them to help and I asked would she think it would be ok if I got a few carollers in for her Mom... I know Elsie would love it..and it would feel so much like Christmas... She told me that they had a couple in the other night.. I was so happy to hear that ...and she would love it again ...so I've got to call the ladies that do that here and make the arrangements... I know it will be so nice.

Now I've turned on the good ole Electric blanket and I can't wait to tuck in... I don't do cold well...in fact not at all anymore..and as a kid I loved it...

So, I'm looking forward to tomorrow and I know those prayers are giving Elsie strength and her family by her side....

Thank you everyone...God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment