Friday, April 25, 2014

Rainbow's Bridge On Friday

Rainbow's Bridge On Friday..... I dreaded this day..and here it was...The night before was hard enough ..knowing that I was going to let my Ms Reba go...

Ms Annie was on her marathon of getting up and down and Ms Reba again was restless..and when we all settled down Ms Reba rested her head on my neck..right behind on the pillow and I could feel her breathing...I so wanted to just cry...but then I thought how selfish I was being...I mean this little gal stayed with me 18 years through thick and thin..it was my time to let her go..although I know she didn't want too..

Come morning I could barely talk..but I knew I had to make the call...as I made breakfast for the critters I gave Ms Reba her bowl of water and with that she really wasn't that much interested...and changing her diaper I could also smell the sent of death..oh my little one... I'm so at a loss.. I just don't want her to suffer..

I called Dr Porter and Rosemary told me "Doc was out of town today at a seminar.".. my heart sunk as I explained about Ms Reba...Rosemary then said, "I'll call Buffalo Ridge Vet Hospital"..(this was where I had taken Zeke to have many tests done as the Florida Institute comes up from Tampa and uses this place as their annex) and then I called an made the appointment...

The girl said, "Bring her in at 9:40am".. I just wanted to crawl and hide.. as I was getting Ms Reba ready I just knew I couldn't do this.. I mean I knew it had to be...I just couldn't hold it together to go.. my hubby looked at me and said, "I'll take her and hold her as that will make it easy for both of you"..

For me my whole world was just turning upside down..one by one I was losing my babes...Joseph was very hard for me..and I had months where I would break down ...and then Ms Abby... Robert flew in for that and held her as she was his baby...and now Ms Reba...OMG... my heart was aching..

I did hold her close and I could feel her lifeless body just tremble.. I told her I would never forget her and we'd be together again..and that Joseph and Abby and all the others were gonna be waiting for her...she was so limp..

Hubby grabbed the blanket and wrapped her and left.. my heart fell as he drove out the drive way...Why couldn't I be with her.... I was so weak...my heart was aching..

When Robert came back he told me.. the Vet was really very good..they gave Ms Reba a sedative first then another shot to stop any sickness that may happen and she just relaxed and was sleeping.. Robert held her to the end..and hugged her..and gave her a kiss on the forehead just before her heart stopped..
Ms Reba is now at peace and off and running to meet Joseph and Abby..

Most of the day was hard as I was going through her things..and putting things away...I'd have my bouts of not holding it together..and then hubby said," let's celebrate Ms Reba's life and what it meant to us"...so we did..

Now it's bed time..and I'm looking over where Ms Reba would be...and it's empty...my tears are falling as I so wish I could go back in time..how she was such an important part of my life and how she helped me get through so many bad times..she and Joseph and Abby..

Mister Zeke now jumped on the bed and looked for her..and now is looking at me.. he knows..and he now is getting in her spot...I guess he'll be here to comfort me through the night...Hubby is putting the brats up as they are all coming racing into the bedroom...

I see the look in hubby's face..he too is missing our little gal...I just wish I could give her one more hug..

My pray tonight is simple..."please God, she's spoiled and it's my fault, but she'll love you forever and keep all the others in line..may her wings be strong like her will, thank you for sharing her with me for all those years "



Good night Ms Reba... You are now in God's Arms




2 comments:

  1. Love, true love. That's what she gave you and you her! At peace now for her and prayers for you to ease your pain. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What sweet pictures of Ms. Reba...and how sweet that Zeke knows and wants to comfort you. So glad that Ms. Reba waited for Bob to arrive. Hugs and prayers Ms. Zeee. Love you

    ReplyDelete