Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Tuesday and I missed the GTG

Tuesday and I missed the GTG...was planning on going till I heard the storm coming our way...One thing I'm not good about...if ya know me well is storms..I get all nervous and worry about my critters...and I've been here when the Tornado touched down in Wildwood...OH YEAH !

This morning all over the news was about the storm on it's way in...also last night when I went to bed...I even worried about one of the Sistahs coming up from Disney world..."Marge"...cause I know my luck I'd get there and on the way home I'd get caught in it...

Sucks...I'm brave about almost everything cepting storms...I don't do well and I ain't shy to admit I'm Chicken Chit when it comes to them..been in way too many for my liking I guess...and yes, I even close the blinds so I don't seem them...in fact in my rig..one storm..well, it was the one that hit Wildwood a few years ago...I was in my rig and listening to the TV, in fact the same station I was listening to, today and tonight...

It was about 3:20am (yep you got it ) and I finally let the critters out to potty cause it was so bad with rain and wind and that awful lightening..YIKES...it got silent ..like a dead still..not a breeze and the air was thick you could cut through it... I opened the door and stood outside...I hear this strange sound ...like a roar of a train..and at the same time I heard the TV guy say "It's down on the ground, in Wildwood...take cover"...Holy Crap...here I am in an RV park in Wildwood outside and it's pitch black but I hear this sound..(oh I've heard this one before) and I run for the bathrooms as I'm not parked that far and my Critters follow and I'm yelling..Tornado, tornado....do you think any one heard me or even bothered to turn on a light...NOT... I and my critters got into the shower room and we sat there..seemed like forever..but was only maybe half hour...when I heard sirens going off...Yep the tornado hit a few miles away..omg...

So now you can understand this storm that was coming...well, I just said..."I'll miss everyone and I know they'll understand but I can't go out in it and leave my Critters either...I did call Bethie to see how things were and if everyone was ok...as this storm hit here around 3pm ish and winds and rain and of course lightening....oooooh boy... It's still raining now...and so far now the warnings have lifted ..but I won't sleep till it's over...NOT ME..

Hopefully some of the sistahs will come visit while they're in the area or maybe passing by..invite is always open ..just call first LOL  ya know gots to put the critters up

Soon after the rain stops I'll let my group out and then kind of try to relax..I get very tense and the mind starts pounding...and asking..."What's That"...LOL

Ok, I need a chill pill....maybe even a good drinkie poo...well something good any way...

Later all....

2 comments:

  1. I missed it, too. We spent all morning buttoning down our site & rig in preparation for the storm.

    Finally headed out to a movie so we wouldn't be in the rig, then over to Sam's Club which is where we were when the sky let loose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bummer that you missed the gtg, but they are still there for a few days, correct?

    ReplyDelete