Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The End Of A Wonderful Tuesday

The end of a wonderful Tuesday....It started off with a mad dash and get the Critters done and get me out the door before they realized what was happening...but then again who am I kidding. As soon as they seen me head back and get in the shower and go into the closet...the race was on to see who was not gonna be caught...taaaaaa daaaaaa.....Yes, I caught them all..and I heard the "Glee Club" sing as I left the building  hahahaha... I'm sure my neighbors loved it too...but hey, it's free and it's harmony ..4 part at that..difficult to do if ya ever did harmonize.

Got to the Medical Center and took a number...(not really but that's how it feels) and waited and waited..yep you got it..even got to watch a morning show ..Regis and what's her name...I'm awful but I don't watch much morning shows..mainly news...

My name was called and I jumped to attention...but that's about all I could do...as they lead me down this long and I do mean long corridor...gawd I did my cardio vascular work out ... then into the tiny room and wait more...don't cha just love that.. I mean haven't you waited enough...

In comes this nice looking young man...(sure hope he's the doc) and he proceeds to inform me of the test "We" ( I didn't know he was taking it too) are about to take...HA !  Psssst just in case you didn't know...but I did this one before ...this is a repeat...please make sure my DOB is correct.... He smiles and then tells me..." Ma'am please take them jeans off and socks and shoes.."...sure enough... he leaves the room and there I sit again this time in my drape..hahahaha... you got it...another session of waiting...yooo hooo... anybody home ??????

Well, back he comes and it was like Hello, Goodbye, we is done...Wow.. he was fast and talked just as fast in a dark room.. all I could see was the glow of the machine and the warm gel I got smothered in... ..Then he says, "We're done"...Throws a towel at me says, "Get dressed"...bye...all in one breath...

Now I have to smile as I'm rekindling all of today...it blurred past me... zoooooom and I was dressed out the door and on the highway hitting the Publix...oh yeah....couldn't go by without a quick fix...

As soon as I got in and got the Critters settled made a glass of tea and called Clancy... He had the Social Worker and the Hospice Nurse there and would call me back... My heart beat with a big thump... I sure hope all was going alright.

Little later the phone rang and it was Clancy.. he was sounding much better and said that "the Nurse was going to be in for the night" and I asked..."Can I still come over and visit with Elsie"...  ... Clancy said, "Sure come on she'll be happy to see you....she's doing good today"... and for sure this was one of her better days.... I was so happy to see her...I waved at her as I walked in the door and I could see her smile.

The Hospice nurse was in the other room and Elsie was set up in the living room all cozy...She had oxygen on and she looked content...I sat up next to her and we talked as she drifted in and out...not sleeping but fading off as her pain meds were doing their job..

There is lots to be said about Hospice...I asked Elsie did she have any pain...her reply to me was.."Barbz, hospice is wonderful...they take good care of me and they make sure I have hardly any pain.. they are so good ".. I saw her look over at the nurse... I thanked the good Lord as I know Elsie is in good hands...Clancy is so devoted and caring...he too has a peaceful look..knowing she's ok.  Her face had a glow to it....although weakened.. I still could see dear Elsie... it was good sitting by her and holding her hand.. We did our giggles and I promised her I'd be back and I will.

It was a good feeling inside I got...knowing how much she has endured and more to come but that inner peace was there...her comfort was being controlled...and that was a good thing.

The room was decorated ...Christmas tree and garland hung around with soft lights..I could see her look off into the colors of the tree how it soothed her...and also gave a warm feeling... her Christmas is everyday...a gift of love and devotion...

Ali, I want to thank you for those kind words and prayer..you truly are wonderful I will share them with Elsie and Clancy.

Now as it's my night time and soon to be sleeping I can lay my head down and thank God for this wonderful day and enlightening...I was so afraid but now I'm not...I felt the presence of God in my toughing of Elsie's hand..she truly is with the spirit...her radiance was the love of God.  It shown through.

Thank you my dear Elsie..

God Bless

1 comment: