Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Wishful Wednesday

Wishful Wednesday...yes it really was.. I was sure busy this morning.. Had the Directv guy and then the Cable guy..it was getting crowded...any one else?

All went according to plan..(HA) well I thought it had...The Satellite was up and pointing the picture was crisp and clear...oh yeah and the TV guy was happy all went well...even put some cement in the hole to make sure my cutting crew wouldn't knock it down...(another story on that crew).

I was happy all channels were coming in and even had the download to upgrade the equipment...and of course like anything new all kinds of buttons and doo dads to punch..

Everything was fine and dandy...(ya think?) not in my life time...told ya I was a "Murphy"....later on this evening as I was busy I clicked on my guide found where the program I wanted to connect with later was on  ...highlighted it and then WHAT....I don't want to record I want to be reminded...hummm not there where oh where is the remind thingy. I searched the system and then I decided it's time for "HELP".

So I dial up Directv..and right on..got connected to a "Customer Care Rep"  told him my story and then he says, "Well, maybe you don't have the latest equipment.." ...huh... I just got it installed today...what's going on..not the latest...then the dude says, "Well do you have it on the other TV...?  click on it and let it remind you from that one "?   Now I have to admit that was one of the dumbest answers I've heard in a while.. I then replied,. "I don't think so"...please transfer me to someone who might be able to help me....So he does.. I hear the beep beep beep and the music...Gawd I wish they'd get a better tune.

On comes a nice young lady who almost goes through with drawls trying to help me..she tells me her prompt says "I have it"...but I don't...so now what ..she searched and searched and then says, "I have to transfer you to the tech department..."  Okie Dokie...I'm willin'

Next comes Craig...Hey Craig, I continue with my story and he says, (as he laughs) "I'm so sorry you were told all that nonsense...but let me see if I can help you..."  Yep, Yep, you are suppose to have that and why it's not showing up I really don't know...let me call my Supervisor"....OK  I sit and start laughing...only ME...What is it...can't I ever get anything done right ?????

He comes back on and says..(famous last words)  "We will have a tech out tomorrow to check those boxes...your program didn't connect and he'll have to do it from there"...So here I sit...still laughing and saying..."Did I ever think that maybe it's me"...Nah...it's just more fun in my life to make me wonder ..."What's my next Adventure"...but in the mean time I can record anything and play it all through the house and I even get to watch channels I haven't seen in a long time..cept I'm tired and who wants to watch TV...

Till tomorrow my saga will continue...

God Bless Us...

No comments:

Post a Comment