Thursday, November 18, 2010

Thoroughly Moe dumb Thursday

Thoroughly Moe dumb Thursday !   You got it !!  Yes siree Bob...No doubt about it...what so ever...Have I made my point clear... Well, if not let me just briefly explain.

Yesterday all my troubles seem to come my way (humming along) with my "new" setup DirecTV...and I was just whistling along with the breeze (another tune) till late in the evening when I attempted to click on a station to be reminded when it would come on....and I didn't have the "remind" thingie...So along came a "Spider" (customer service) and from their we went down the hill to fetch a pail of (not water) nuts and bolts perhaps.

It was then notified that the "new" toy didn't have all it's components..Ok, so I stretched it a bit...just like the picture on the screen..attempting to stretch that at the moment.

Scheduled for today the "Same Tech" thank goodness..great guy that had a good sense of humor...so now on with the rest of this Moe dumb day... He comes in and all smiles..and nicely says, "Ms nice lady what can I do for you today"... 64 thousand dolla question...HA.... "Well, I says... "Mr TV Man, the Service reps says, "me box ain't right" ( oh my I'm not toughing that one) and you need to re program... and I'm confused with the latest in Technology why couldn't they reprogram from there"...(kind of dumb, hey? )..

He looks at me and shakes his head...then smiles and says, "I've never heard of these boxes doing that"   HUH?????  He's the installer and he doesn't know????? OH SWEET JUMPIN JACK ... So he goes out to his truck brings in another unit..but before he disconnects the  old new one...he attempts to reprogram it...and we sit and we watch and we sit and we laugh...He's thinking the same thing I am... What is wrong with this picture...????

Ok, now he calls his supervisor... He asks, "is there something new I don't know about....have they changed the programs on this HD DVR box.."...now if he don't know..who does??????   The supervisor says, " I've not heard of it...maybe attempt to reprogram and if that don't work...replace the new old box.."... okie dokie...we sit and again same thing happens...he says, " I can set up for recording anywhere and playing anywhere but it don't remind me of when a program is coming on"... His supervisor says..."Wait, that was the old boxes, the new ones don't do that any more"...HUH...

Now why all last night did each person say the same thing.."Somethin wrong with that unit it needs to be re programmed.."  So for 2 hours the poor guy worked and worked just to try and please me...or maybe show me he was right and they were wrong...????

All I ask..."Doesn't any one know anything where they work"?   just a simple yes or no would do.... but I'm now sitting looking at my "new, newer box"  looks pretty in color...has a nice blue mist to it when it's on..:)

Only if life could be so simple ...it wouldn't be so bad...well maybe not half as bad any way...So tonight I'll watch a movie...from NETFLIX... hahaha.. thank goodness that's simple...

I must say that Tech was sure enjoying our afternoon...of course Zeke every once in a while let him know he was being watched.   I learned a few new tricks too...I mean I could now set ya up for TV and all the fixings....Goodness maybe I'll become a Tech for TV too..:)  at least I'll know what box works and what doesn't...

Clicking the night away...

No comments:

Post a Comment