Friday, November 12, 2010

Fickled on Friday

Fickled on Friday... Didn't sleep well, (me thinks me needs a new mattress) tossed and turned and along came 3am...I was up and so were the Critters 4. Ok, so we'll do our thang, sit in the chair and curl up with "blankie" and hope for the best...well at least 5am. It came and on with the rest of the "march" .

Critters got their breakfast and I got mine (peanut butter toast with sliced banana) and a big cup of coffee... Got the patio washed down and put them sweeties up . Heard the choir (they have such harmony) and I got dressed and quick as a bunny I was color me "On the road to Wally World".

Got a great parking space (wooo hooo) and on I went with note in hand. Now let me tell ya, "If I don't have a note on what to buy, I'll buy everything in sight...well just about.

I goes to the back where the bird seed is and yep got the Cardinal's their favorite "nuts and berries" (they are getting picky) and then went to look for my special brand of cookies.. Blue dog Bakery Peanut Butter and Molasses...no where to be found. So that's on the list to order from Amazon...gots to love Amazon... plus I keep my friends working :)  (Merritt badge)

I then head over to looksie for my Christmas Cookie Tins..aaaah what's this ?  No Squares all Rounds HUH...wait.. let me ask...Can you believe I found a winner...yeah, a live one too.. I ask, "Excuse me, can you help...I'm looking for square tins for my cookies"... He gives me the big smile and whips out his phone and proceeds to ask..."Where on the Tins"  reply... "Isle 5 in the food section..."  Wonderful... so I push the pedal to the metal and zoom away...no puff of smoke in fact no skid marks either...one speed SLOW

Nope no Squares...Just Rounds...oh my...now what I have all the boxes from last year and I'm just wondering...will these fit ?   So I didn't buy any but did manage to buy other goodies... more than what I wanted..Wait.. I did get another "Crock Pot"..hahaha... this time a 2 quart...it was only 9 bucks and ya know I needed another one...

My cart was so full it was speaking to me...HELP !  I couldn't wait to get out of the store...all the Christmas stuff was looking at me...but I know I'm gonna have to go back cause I need those tins...darn it.. Maybe I'll try the Dollar Store and see if they have before I venture back.  I can't wait to long or they'll be gone...

Got back and my choir was in full force...opened their crates and I saw fur fly they were anxious to see what I bought...man they are worse than Kids !  They jumped over the couch.. like the cow jumps over the moon .. and I actually saw their eyes gleaming with big grins... Amazing...but no cookies sorry  kids.. I have to do that as soon as I'm done with my Blog...yep, I'll hit Amazon.com.

Here it is evening and I'm thinking I should have bought them rounds..but there is tomorrow...if I have the stamina...then it's on to the next phase...making cookies...OMG !  No room in the freezer...but that will be ok cause I'll make some space as I re arrange the mass of stuff...

Chatted with hubby and we've got the reservation in for his flight in Jan...got a great deal from South West that made me feel some what better..Although Christmas is gonna be tough...let alone Thanksgiving...but I will have a good surprise .

My 1st Cousin Mary Ellen and her hubby will be stopping in to see me... haven't seen her in over 57 years... now ya know that's gonna be a good visit...hope she likes dawgs !

Let me go place my order and make my Critters happy as I only have one box left and that's gonna be rationed until the others get here...Oh joy..

Here's lookin' at tomorrow...Ho Ho Ho

No comments:

Post a Comment