Wednesday, February 13, 2013

My My What an Experience on Wednesday :)

My My What an Experience on Wednesday :)  Oh boy, I'll say hahaha...I got a hankerin for some Spare Ribs and usually I go an buy Chinese Ribs I mean they are GOOOOOOD...but I've heard so much about one of the RV Sistah's Ribs I had to give it a try...

Now first off let me say, "I've never done spare ribs..Country Ribs in Crock Pot I'm a star LOL...but I've never done a slab of ribs...even at my age (I ain't saying nuttin' lol )...so I decided to buy a rack..and they came in a Cry Vac so what do I know about them...????? NUTTIN'....

I followed the recipe which by all means was really simple.but remember nothing for me is ever Simple...only ME...LOL  and I was so excited cause I just knew this was gonna be my answer to not knowing how too..

In the oven they went for 3 hours covered and seasoned and they were smelling awesome and while that was going I made up the BBQ sauce and put in a small pot and let it heat up ...

When I took the foil off the ribs.."Hello there grease".. I mean it was in a pool of grease...oh my stars..what, why and aren't I lucky...but then again I've never made these so I guess it is what it is...so I take the foil off and think to myself..I would have put these on a grate to let the fat run off...but she just said, "put in shallow pan and cover till last 20 minutes take cover off and spread BBQ sauce all over..."....so that's what I did..!

Now these were falling off the bone (in grease) and the sauce was not thick so it kind of ran off as well..but should have the flavor..so when the bell went off...(timer) I pulled them out and put a few on a plate..

Well that's where my story is gonna end..cause they were not good...nope, nada they were so greasy and just not good...It must have been the type of ribs I had or something I did not right...so I'll have to PM her and ask.. I also heard from a few others that I should have used Baby Back Ribs.....

I was so hungry for them and disappointed..maybe it's my Murphy coming back to visit...HUH ???? I sure hope I learn what went wrong but I know my trash man will have them in my bundle tomorrow...

Ya know I still can't get that taste out of my mouth UGH...so tomorrow is another day and I don't think I want to cook anything...LOL...not for a few days LOL..Pizza is sounding better hahaha..I can even have it cold with a glass of milk..

So that's all I got to say and I'm dawg tired and tomorrow I'm gonna be running..maybe more ways than one..LOL..

I'm gonna say...Good Night and hope all that traveling Stay Safe and like always..God Bless.......

No comments:

Post a Comment