Thursday, February 7, 2013

It was just a full of surprises on Thursday

It was just full of surprises on Thursday starting with early morning.. I mean I was trying to get as much done and get my pot of Gravy on and then make an Italian Lemon drop cake with blueberries...and boy everything was just moving right along..

See today is also trash day but I was ahead of that step cause I put it out the night before  YEE HAW...and so Morning for me was ...get er done..hahaha..so I thought...even chatted with Clancy as he was removing leaves from the roof of my neighbor..and he also told me ."My day will be tomorrow"...okie dokie..

Gravy was cooking and so was I...made sure I had my eggs at room temp as I sorted the whites from the YOKES...yeah one of those type cakes..and had a little bit of cake flour...(have to put that on my list)..and I was now ready to get my cake going and even had a box of fresh blueberries..yeah life was just grand..:)

Till it came time for me to take that blessed cake out of the oven and I mean to tell you this was gonna be one of my best numbers yet..hahaha...well as I grabbed my pot holders ..opened the oven door..slid that sweetheart out and next thing I knew I heard a POP..and the glass dish cracked and cake was everywhere and even one part of the dish bounced and whacked me write in the wrist...WHAT THE #%^@#%....  it was all over the kitchen floor and stove and never mind the blueberries..they even popped and ya know blueberries burn...

So my good deed was gonna meet Mister Murphy...Lordy I'm telling ya if it can happen, it happens to ME !...no dessert for tonight and I so wanted something special as Dawn was doing me such a favor because she had the grill  and her Aunt Betty and brother Paul and another one of our RV Sistah's CarolB was coming ...

Critters weren't sure what was going on as I hurried them through dinner and told them to be good and I'd be back soon..(sometimes ya gotta stretch it just a little ) and the evening was nice..enjoyed Paul's bread too..he's a good bread baker LOL...but I brought over a container of Gravy for them to try ..

Nice evening and enjoyed the company and home I came as I felt the "fall out "  about to happen.. yeah I have them drop outs..it just comes with my disease..something I've gotten use to and can't help it...a lot of the times I don't go to dinner at other's homes because I have to excuse myself when I feel it happening...and I don't want to seem rude...

Got home and I felt so bad as everyone left right after me which means Dawn had all those dishes..YIKES..If I knew they all were leaving I would have stayed and helped with clean up ..and then went home...hate that..but I did apologize..

Tomorrow night I have Dawn coming over for dinner and Jane will be here too..making La Carbonara and Black Berry cobbler for dessert..will pick up some ice cream to tweak it  :)  should be another good night and then Sunday we have another GTG this time just make up sandwiches...as Dawn is some what like me...we need the break...

I would have made a Dish but being Paul is Kosher I feel bad and want to include him...as I know I would feel funny leaving someone out..but tomorrow is ok cause he will be practicing Shabbat till Saturday at Sunset..

Now I'm ready to call it a night and hope all of you traveling Stay Safe..and as always...God Bless.... (lights out here :) )

No comments:

Post a Comment